Thread: Sony Ericsson K800i wont turn on

Sony Ericsson K800i wont turn on

Hello,
    I was looking round some menus on my semi new (from a friend, got it unlocked, put an 02 simcard in) k800i then it suddenly dead. It is not a battery problem, as my old phone has the same battery, and a fully charged one does nothing. I noticed most phone death complaints involved either a red flash from the IR port when trying to turn back on, or a white screen as it dies, mine had neither. What should I do now? Any help on this is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Sony Ericsson K800i wont turn on

It sound like a fault with the EROM, there is a client provided by the company you can download it from the official site and I think that can help fix the problem.

That doesn't seem to have worked, it said the erom update went fine, but my phone still doesn't turn on. Is there any information I can grab from this program that would help? Any further information on this will definitely help me. Thank you for your help.

No red LED tends to mean the phone is goosed. EROM fails normally still allow the red light to illuminate or a white screen to flash. If you have none of this, try downloading XS++ and connect the phone as instructed. Once connected, see if it gives any notification of the phone being connected or any sort of readout and post up the results please

it just occurred to me, is there still a problem unlocking k800i phones on the 3 network? i got it unlocked as my friend renewed his contract, and went to 02. Would they be able to kill a phone from a distance like this? i doubt it, but my dad seems to think so.

I have the same problem but I have a IR flash and alwasy have done. I tried all the forum and many others using the clients with the normal sync cable but nothing worked so I guessed you need a DCU-60 cable which I then purchased. Hopefully I can get my phone working again now xD. I'll update the progress when the cable arrives, till then any kind of assistance is appreciated. Thank you.