Thread: Xperia x10 mini wont turn on/off and screen is completely blank

Xperia x10 mini wont turn on/off and screen is completely blank

I have the Sony ericsson Xperia x10 phone for less than a month, worked very well up till about 45 minutes ago, a message came from beginning to end, when i attempted to read it the phone went blank. It won’t turn on or off, and battery is interior so can’t still do this. There is a green light still blinking, which indicates an unread message. I have tried calling the mobile from my land line and it goes directly to voice mail, any suggestions on the topic will be grateful to overt come these issue.
    Last edited by Riverds; 28-09-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Re: Xperia x10 mini wont turn on/off and screen is completely blank

There seems to be a problem with your battery, as many a time the battery is not properly charged and the problem occurs in the phone and the screen becomes blank and then the phone switch off. To overcome these issue remove your battery and try to clean it with the tissue paper and then charge it for 4 hours and then switch on the phone, this will resolve your problem of the screen.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have tired the solution that you have mentioned above and charged the battery for more than 4 hours but fail to start the screen of the phone and again the same problem occurs in the cell phone. So, please provide me a solution to overcome these issue any suggestion will be helpful to switch on the phone for a very long period of time.

If your screen does not show any thing then there is a problem in the display screen of the phone. The display may not be working properly so you have go to the service center of the Sony ericsson to overcome these issue or you can contact the customer care support desk of the Sony ericsson for further help and support.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

These problem can be overcome by using the hardware reset option in the sony ericsson mobile phone.The Hardware reset is finished by pressing the On or Off key at the crown and the Home that is the middle key at the similar time, this does not eliminate any applications from the phone which is a very great advantage available in the Sony ericsson phones.

If the battery dries out completely so that mobile turns itself off, phone cannot be bowed on with any sim card in it; tried with few different sim cards. Because it cannot be charged while it is off, you have to take away sim card to charge the battery. Yet when the battery is completely charged, phone cannot be turned on whereas sim card is in it. Administration fix from the SE PC companion (same place update is located), fixes the provisionally problem (but removes all your data). Obviously reinstalling the system every time it happens is not a solution but it may work for a longer period of the time.

I too faced the same problem within a week, the display turned off automatically even it has enough charging.

still i can receive calls and messages but i can not answer. I thought of removing battery but i changed my mind because it is well packed.

i waited till the battery completely discharged(i waited more than one day). finally i plugged in for charging at night and i went to sleep, when i woke up amazing it was working.

i have no idea what really happens, but i am happy that it started working.

Pugsly, you alone is the reason this site has another member. Just couldn't go on without telling you that info saved my life from sucking nuts the next 2-3 weeks. Thank you, awesome, thats you!

hai...i bought new sony ericsson xperia 10 mobile phone..i did the software update everything then my phone not work properly..its automatically switch off while am using phone...now am try to on my phone it wil vibrate then nothing happens...screen not on....so please help me...give some idea to reset my phone..

Quote Originally Posted by saravananvelavan View Post
    hai...i bought new sony ericsson xperia 10 mobile phone..i did the software update everything then my phone not work properly..its automatically switch off while am using phone...now am try to on my phone it wil vibrate then nothing happens...screen not on....so please help me...give some idea to reset my phone..
    Seems to me like you havent done the software update properly, so try to do it again properly and see the outcome. If that doesnt work then try removing applications from the phone one by one specially the task killer app if it is installed and see if that helps solve the issue of restarting.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Thanks Pugsly. Your info is very helpful. I tried it and my cellphone worked. Thanks a lot.