Thread: Is it worth to buy Wickedleak Wammy Plus Android 4.0 3G Tab for Rs 11,499

Is it worth to buy Wickedleak Wammy Plus Android 4.0 3G Tab for Rs 11,499

I found news on various site this morning about a new Android ICS tab launched by Wickedleak. I read its features about having builtin 3G, wifi, Ice cream sandwich and all. At present I also have a Funbook Tab that cost me just 6500/- with nearly the same screen size and specs apart from the 3G. I need to connect a 3G Dongle on my funbook where it is builtin with Wammy Plus.

I was looking to buy one more tab for myself and after seeing this I think to go with it if it is worth. So could you guys please suggest me whether I should buy Wickedleak Wammy Plus or there is some alternate in the same price range?

Re: Is it worth to buy Wickedleak Wammy Plus Android 4.0 3G Tab for Rs 11,499

First of all Wickedleak is an India (Mumbai) based company who had already launched a tablet few months ago that did pretty good in the market. Wammy Plus is the upgraded version of their earlier tab and it too seems pretty good. Powered by Android 4.0, running on 1.2GHz processor and 512MB RAM can perform good. As per processor its bit lower than Funbook, but don’t forget that you get a sim slot using which you can access 3G. And the best part of this tab is that you can also do voice calling and SMS too. Its compact design and calling features allows you to carry it along anywhere you go. Funbook is indeed a good Tablet in low cost range but you don’t get Calling, SMS, and 3G (without dongle) features with it. So, if you really want to spend 12000 bucks for a new tablet, I think it is worth to have.

That’s correct Krakar999. It is definitely better than Funbook with just 2 features you mentioned above. But the only problem I can see here is the brand. I mean, I have heard the name “Wickedleak” for the first time. I even don’t when they released their first tablet as you mentioned. Anyways, the features looks good with 1.2GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, built-in 3G connectivity, 7-inch display with 800x480 pixel, 4GB Internal storage with expandable memory slot, WiFi, miniUSB , HDMI port and Android 4.0 operating system. And the bonus in form of calling and sms capability but I doubt on the call quality of this tab.

So, I’ll suggest you to wait for few weeks, lets find out how people review about this product and then go for it if you really love your money. And if you just wanna give it a try, you should go for it as the specs and features listed about the product is damn good but they should work properly.

Thanks a lot for your explanations friends. I was not aware that it also gives the access to voice calling. That is good to hear. I think I should keep this product in my first preference whenever I’ll buy a tablet. And yeah I’ll definitely wait for next couple of weeks to find out the reviews. Can you guys please let me know about Wickedleak’s earlier tab that you have mentioned in your post ? I mean, even I dint heard about it ever. So I want to compare what changes and upgrades they have done with this tablet. This will help me understand about the company.

Earlier tablet launched by Wickedleak was the Wammy 7 that was also with Android 4.0 and nearly the same specs apart from 3G and few other improvements. Just look at the comparison in both tablets:

Quote Originally Posted by RajiI View Post
    I was looking to buy one more tab for myself and after seeing this I think to go with it if it is worth. So could you guys please suggest me whether I should buy Wickedleak Wammy Plus or there is some alternate in the same price range?
    As an alternate, you can also go with the new Mercury mTab 9.7inch Android based tablet released just yesterday. It too cost you 11999, just 500 bucks more than the Wickedleak Wammy Plus. But remember that there is no calling and SMS features, though you have built in 3G, WiFi, powerful processor, 1GB DDR3 RAM and much more. Checkout more about mTAB here Another low range android tablet Mercury mTab releases in India - Portable Devices