Thread: Factory restore for Dell Studio 1558

Factory restore for Dell Studio 1558

I have installed the Windows 7 on my Dell studio 1558 which was previously running with the Windows XP. But after then installation of the same i come to know that the device of mine is not having the factory restore option working properly. The restore option is not having Dell image factory restore option. Please let me know if you are having any solution for same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Factory restore for Dell Studio 1558

I think that this is the issue with the Master Boot Record which is not working properly and giving you the improper behavior. I will advise you to correct the master boot record of the system and then try to perform the recovery for the system that you are using. So go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

I will advise you to install the Windows Automation Kit which will help you to make the same things working with the system of yours. I have gone through the same and let me tell you that this helps a lot for the configuration and deployment of Windows operating systems. So try this and let me know it is working or not.

The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is a set of tools and documentation that support the configuration and deployment of Windows® operating systems. By using Windows AIK, you can automate Windows installations, capture Windows images with ImageX, configure and modify images using Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management (DISM), create Windows PE images, and migrate user profiles and data with the User State Migration Tool (USMT). Windows AIK also includes the Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT), which enables IT professionals to automate and centrally manage the volume activation process using a Multiple Activation Key (MAK).

Source: Microsoft

I will advise you to install the same with then USB drive. Just boot the Windows with the help of the USB drive which does not require more effort. Just go through the below given link which is having the detail about the same. I hope this will resolve the issue with the same.
    How to create a Bootable USB Key?