Thread: Inspiron E1505 Microphone not working

Inspiron E1505 Microphone not working

I am using Dell Inspiron E1505 from couple of months it was working fine but from couple of days when I connect an external microphone does not hear any sound but built-in microphone working fine. I tried to fix it but was unable to do so the microphone is not silent anywhere in Windows. So I want to know what can be the problem it can be and how can it be solved?
    Last edited by Gerri; 28-09-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Re: Inspiron E1505 Microphone not working

Your problem with sound may be because of driver problem which may be not working properly for external Microphone. First try to uninstall your driver which you are using and reinstall if after sometime properly step by step and install the latest drivers supported by the system. This solution will surely fix your problem of sound from Microphone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can go for the latest audio driver for your dell Inspiron E1505 from the official dell website. You have to just provide your laptop model and you will able to download audio driver from there for handling audio devices such as speakers and microphones. which you can install in your laptop and it will work fine with the system.

It may happen that the external Microphone you are trying to use is not supported by the system because of which you are not able to hear any sound or such. Check out if this microphone is compatible with your dell Inspiron E1505. This can be the basic problem which you have not think of, so try to resolve the problem.

If you are not able to fix the problem by provided solution than this might be because of the virus infection in your system which may creating problem with the external microphone issue. So scan your machine and clean it up this will remove the vulnerable thing from your laptop and if this is causing microphone problem then that will be solved.

It may be problem with some of the setting with microphone in your dell Inspiron E1505 just check for the setting if all the setting is proper related to your microphone. So just check if there is no issue with the setting with micophone.