Thread: Horizontal black lines on my DLP TV

Horizontal black lines on my DLP TV

My DLP TV makes me for some time stripes red horizontal spaced a few inches above where the image is dark . The TV in 4 years I hope it does not matter ! and I would like to know how will cost me the repair and if I do not fix. Do you know how to solve this problem ? I have not changed the original configuration. Please help.

Re: Horizontal black lines on my DLP TV

we must not forget that the basic image is interlaced and therefore must be interlaced . For this, we need benchmarks that are even frames and odd frames . A video frame starts or ends with a half - line. Seeing this half - line indicates that your TV is in video mode native or "Just Scan " Samsung that displays the entire image without overscan.

That lines black horizontal across the width moving from top to bottom in groups of 4-5 lines and disappear after a while. Especially when I turn on the TV. At first it disappeared after a few minutes but after two to three days of use, it takes a long time before having a perfectly stable and I lose the signal from the cable industry by connecting coaxial Ant A and Ant -B . The signal is never cut by the other connection ( S -Video , composite, etc.). I lost the signal most often when I try to change jobs and I have to unplug the TV for a chance to get back the signal in the back on.

Because the Blu Ray (like DVDs anamorphic ) keeps the entire image , while the TV channels get to ruin the image by a so-called "Pan & Scan " which amounts to zoom in the movie (loss of quality ) and cut the odds (loss of information). This small drawing clearly explains the problem : ( showing first image the original film , then the film image with black bars format respects , and finally the image obtained by Pan & Scan last).

The black bars on movies 2.35:1 is normal, and in fact it is even very good since we see elements of film that you will not see on the TV version ( and we do not lose picture quality ). The ( Disney) Blu Ray has even been restored in 2.55:1 , the original format. It allows us to see elements that even those who saw the original in theaters could not admire.

your TV Is format 4 / 3 or 16 / 9 ? If your TV is 16 / 9 , I guess the black bars on the sides most of the time and more up and down when the show is 16 / 9 format. In this case the problem is that the screen format is incorrectly configured in the setup menu. We must go into the setup menu the receiver and configure for a screen size for your TV. There are apparently two options for decoder Canal + :
    -16 / 9 (if your TV with this format is what to choose)
    -4 / 3 letterbox (on a TV screen 4 / 3) . Emissions 4 / 3 will occupy the entire screen and emissions through size 16 / 9 will be viewed with black bars top and bottom.