Thread: Latitude E6400 Drivers problems

Latitude E6400 Drivers problems

I am using one dell Latitude E6400 laptops. I am having problem for locating the drivers of my laptops. I want drivers for my Windows XP. Is anyone here who can give me some right solution for the Latitude E6400 for Broadcom USH and Contacted SmartCard? I do not why but these drivers are not available on Dell website. I have searched on Google also but did not find any solution. please help me

Re: Latitude E6400 Drivers problems

Have you installed Dell notebook system software and chipset driver on your laptop? I will give some information about card reader I hope it will solve your all issues. If you want to download this card reader driver then click here. And about you Broadcom driver, you have to specify that which one you are using means wired or wireless and if it is wireless then give me your model number details.

Thanks a lot for your reply on my problem. But after installing you given drive I reboot my laptop but after turning on it I have not seen that it’s working. Your drive is for Micro SD card and my card is smartcard so it cannot help me out. But it’s ok dear I have solved my problem by installing system software and chipset drivers. I installed all the available drivers in proper order and in proper way. If it helps, the hardware ID of the Broadcom USH device as shown in device manager is USB\Vid_0a5c&Pid_5800&Rev_0101&MI_00, the smart card is the same.

You know brother I was also suffering with this irritating problem and I was not able to search all these drivers on Dell websites. But today in morning I solved the issues. I found the proper driver and it is R194881 and its location is under application\ dell drivers. When I start the setup my system recognized the and it was "Broadcom USH CV w/o Fingerprint Sensor" under Credencial Vault Device. I am sure that it will solve your problems. Just try do this one.

I searched a lot on Google to find the Smartcard drivers and I found on Dell website. Who told you that these are not available on Dell website? I hope all these drivers will solve need. The driver link is for Dell Security Device Driver Installation Package for 32 Bit Operating Systems. If you want to download this driver then click here. Try to install all these.

To solve the Broadcom USH driver problem you just need to download and installed the Dell Security Device Driver for 32 bit from this link. To solve the Contacted Smartcard Unknown device problem go to Device Manager and then right click on unknown Contacted SmartCard device and click update driver. It will start to download the updated driver automatically for that device.

There is one more way to find proper drivers. You can use a third party driver update software. There are many available. Many old systems are discontinued due to which you are not able to get any drivers for the same. So here you can use a third party driver updater tool and run the same. One among them is Driver Detective. This is a nice tool to test and keep your system updated. It has a huge driver database. I was able to locate a very old lan card driver through this tool which really worked nicely.