Thread: Galaxy S Ringtones

Galaxy S Ringtones

Hi all,
    This is my second day to use the Samsung flagship phone and I am enjoying to play with the with ti. It is a very good phone and I love this but the only thing that I am not able to do is that I can not set the ringtone according to my choice. So I I want to ask you that is there any way to add the ringtone to the phone. I am sure that should be there but I am not able to find it. Please provide me the procedure to do that.

Re: Galaxy S Ringtones

Hey, I was also having the same issue earlier. I was having a lot of songs in the memory but I was not able to set anyone of them as my ringtone. It was very frustrating to me then I searched on internet and found one application that was able to do this to me. This app is called Handcent SMS. Once I downloaded this to my mobile it allows me to set any rigtone that was in my memory card. I hope this will also help you to set your ringtone.

Its very easy to set the ringtone of your choice from the memory card. Go to the music player and update the music library so that you can see all the songs in the list. Now select any one songs from the list and press menu button and you have to select voice call ringtone. Its dead easy to do, I dont know where you lost the setting. You do the way I told you and I am quite sure that it will be set as the ringtone.

First of all you have to create 3 folders named as;
    1. ringtones
    2. notification
    3. alarm

now you have to copy the files to these folders according to three categories. after that you will be able to see the ringtone in the settings. These folders can be anywhere in the phone memory or in the external memory. In my case I made this in sound and media

Add all the music to your phone and after that go to the music player and search for the music you want. Play that music and then pause that. After that press the left soft key and this will pop up a menu and you have to find "set as" and under that you will be provided many options and you have to select ringtone and it will set that tone to your ring tone. This is the common procedure to almost all the phones.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hey thanks for your suggestion. Now I am able to set the ringtone of my choice. Once again I am very thankful to you all. Here I want to ask one more thing. How can I set a different ringtone for a particular caller? I am sure that I will get the answer here. Please help me one more time. Thank very much for the reply.

That is also almost same as above. Play the song from music player and pause it and again go to the menu and then select “set as”. This time you have to select caller ringtone. Here you have to assign the person’s contact number where you want to assign the caller tune and click OK. Now if that person calls you, you will get a different ringtone then the normal which you have set.