Thread: Alienware mx17 bogging down. Why?

Alienware mx17 bogging down. Why?

I have purchased one new Alienware laptop two months before and I also bought one new starcraft 2 with it. I am very use to playing game on laptops. I ran startcraft 2 on it and it was working fine for 2 or 3 weeks and after that it starts giving me problem. I was running it on Ultra setting at 60 frames per seconds. But after 2 -3 weeks I felt that its starts getting bit slow. I did not made high settings on it for long time but when I turn to normal , in big battles my laptops turns slow down so much. Anybody knows what is going on with my laptop? I do not have any kind of virus, but I have lots of cookies files stored on my laptop. I am using Norton antivirus on my laptop. I my laptop is running with Intel Core I7 @ 2.00 Ghz, windows 7 , 230 Hard disk , 4 GB RAM , ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870.

Re: Alienware mx17 bogging down. Why?

I know what your problem is dear. You are using your laptop for games and games create over heat issues. Over heat issues can damages you laptop in various fields like memory error, memory failure, hard drive error, CPU failure, motherboard problems, Fan can stop working and it’s also reduce the performance . Hopefully too much damage or no damage has been done to yours. You have to buy one new cooler for your gaming laptop. Here is one right here; it can help you with your problem rank number 4 in a poll on about 80 bucks. Just google : Antec NoteBook Cooler 200

Dear only will not solve your problem because cooler just protect you from heat sink problems. When you use your laptop at high settings for gaming, it makes your laptop little bit difficult and put you in to the overtime. Are you aware about fans kicks in? Its means when you system gets start heat up, your fan start moving bit slow and slow. So until you have new cooling system you should avoid gaming with high settings. Stock cooling system works fine. It is available just for gaming laptop and helps them to avoid heat sink problems.

I will not see it like dust either. In starting your laptop was running smoothly because your all parts were new but when you stay continually playing game, heat sets in, you will starts seeing gaming performance problem. Gaming laptop gives repetition of heat problems and made your laptop slow and slow day by day because they are used for long time during games. That how it is when you let your lap top keep overheating, finally it will slow down. If it is not being reserved cool after hours and hours of procedure with no breaks. So after the first 2-3 weeks, the mechanism inside finally starting to suffer from the outcome of the heat. These things do reach very high temperatures on the inside believe it or not. You will be stunned at how hot they can get.

You should also try to upgrade your video card may it can help you. My friend using same laptop for gaming and he did some these kinds of seething to improve his laptop performance. And what I came to know from him that book cooler is not for blowing out dust though, it just keep your laptop’s internal part cool and protect them to get extremely heat because high temperature can damage you components. Try to upgrade your drivers also may these all will solve your problems

Hello friends! It’s very good that someone using Alienware Mx17 laptop for gaming like me but it’s very bad that we both are struggling with problems during games. I am facing GPU heat problem with my laptop. Actually normally 8800 GTX Suits its GPU but bcz of some problem in shipping I am not able to use this Graphic card. Now I am force to use lower version. I do not I am getting heat because of this lower Graphic card. When I will get 8800 GTX I will swap it in my laptop. But till that time what should I do? Is anybody have any solution?

I do not thinks so that everybody having the same overheating problem. You know why they do not have proper video card? They are receiving complaint related to same over heat issue with this laptop and they are not able to produce 8800 graphic card in just 2 or 3 weeks. You should not use these high games until you are not satisfied with your graphic card. Because if everybody has same issue it might create some serious problem.