Thread: Upgrade to Froyo on Samsung Galaxy S Samsung Mobile

Upgrade to Froyo on Samsung Galaxy S Samsung Mobile

Hi all,

I am using the Samsung Galaxy S and I want to upgrade it to the Frovo. I tried a lot but I am not able to find the function to do that. I can see the option for "system update" option in other phone upgrade but in my case I can not find the option for that. Is there anyone who knew this and help me to upgrade this. Please post the methods to do that. Any useful help from anybody will be appreciative.

Thank you.

Re: Upgrade to Froyo on Samsung Galaxy S Samsung Mobile

It depends on the service provider you are using or it may also depend on the the type of the Android phone you are using. One of my friends is having nexus phone and he is using the froyo from last two weeks from now. You need not to worry about the froyo update because it will be done automatically by your service provider if it is available. If you found that it is already available and it is not updated in your phone then you can contact your service provider and they will then solve the issue.

my friend, It is still not released. I purchased the Samsung Galaxy in last month thinking that I would upgrade it to froyo in September but I felt very disappointing when I heard that the date for the release is delayed to some other date. I know that almost every software gets delayed to some extends but this delay is getting preposterous now. Samsung is doing customization to it and therefore it is getting late but I will be happy with the standard Google version.

I found that the Galaxy s is a very incredible device because it stands for a Froyo update. According to me the Froyo update is nothing but the additional benefit. I am waiting for the arrival of the update. I am happy it is going to come in few days at least it is not going to run out of the door. I love to change my android setup and this thing you cannot do with the iphone. So you should have patience and wait for the release.

I feel very annoying to wait for the update because all the other android devices have already Froyo. There is one more me to upgrade the the device. It is a manual method but there is a problem with this that it will voids the warranty of the device. Losing the warranty will be a bad idea and therefore I am not suggesting you that way. So in last you have only one option that you have to wait till the upgrades are available.

Recent updates for the various devices bring the new features like long-awaited "GPS Fix", Samsung Media Hub app to a full version. But till it is missing the Froyo -- Android 2.2. According to AndroidSpin, T-Mobile UK says that we will able to get the updates by the end of September 2010. But GSM Arena says that it has been delayed till October 2010.