Thread: HDMI, DVI, VGA, S-Video, Composite, Component (Computer to TV)

HDMI, DVI, VGA, S-Video, Composite, Component (Computer to TV)

I have an Gainward 8600GTS with input HDMI ,that is connected to my LCD 32 " HDMI, the only regret is that I did not sound, videos.then I do so, plug an HDMI / YUV to get sound through my monitor. Input HDMI for the 8600 and output YUV for the LCD, I will lose image quality / sound so I made this connection, Please help. Thank you in advance for your answers.

Re: HDMI, DVI, VGA, S-Video, Composite, Component (Computer to TV)

I am very surprised by what you say, because precisely the difference between a DVI and HDMI is the son.En effect the first does not support the video and HDMI supports video and audio. I went on the net to see the configuration of your graphics card and it has a output female DVI-I (18 +5) and one output HDMI socket ? Did you go see in the setup menu of your graphics card if you can choose your video output DVI or HDMI ? .Have you tried to read a dvd with your pc is connected to your LCD HDMI and have you the sound?

DVI is very good. If ever used by the screen PC is the input component ( YPbPr - YCbCr ) preferred . It is far superior to video composite (RCA yellow) or S -Video ( Mini-DIN/Hosiden ). " Y " is the lumiosité the " Cb " means blue component , " Cr " means component red component . Pb Pr is the same in progressive scan instead of interlaced. Also finds " YUV "for inputs compatible interlaced and progressive .It plugs are green = Y blue " Cb "or "Pb "and red " Cr " or " Professor . " Most by of the times, the entry component is HDTV compatible (720p , 1080i (and 1080p )) and not only EDTV ( 480p [ NTSC ] and 576P [PAL ]) .

You need to make sure your computer is equipped with an S -Video. This type of connector, usually located on the back of the machine next to the VGA port , is linked to the video card in your computer and it is necessary for the computer to "communicate "with a television. Most newer computers have this output , however, if it was not the case, it is possible to add to the computer a new video card with a via expansion port PCMCIA.

Once located the connector, it should bring the cable ad - hoc , usually supplied with the computer. If this was not the case, one can easily find it in the trade. It is equipped with an S -Video male on each side. These outlets are easily recognizable : they look like taken keyboard or mouse. It may happen that your TV does not have connectors S- Video , particularly if it is a bit old. In this case , do not panic , it is also possible to go through the SCART on the TV using a small adapter that is found everywhere. Once this connection is made , the video connection between two devices is operational. It remains to handle the audio channel.

It remains to set the video card to to produce the video signal appropriate . To do this, click the button right mouse on an empty area of the office: a contextual menu appears, select "Properties". A window will appear. In the tabSettings" You 'll have to adjust the resolution on "800x600" (some video cards accepted mode "1024x768 " to do with the manufacturer's instructions ). Then , in another menu tab (which depends on the driver , and thus the brand of your video card) , must receive a representation of the screen of your computer and a television screen : choose the one you want to activate. When you click "TV", The display switches to TV.