Thread: How to use canon ixus 100 is digital camera as a webcam

How to use canon ixus 100 is digital camera as a webcam

I am running Mac OS X version 10.5.6, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM. My question is: I love to use Photo Booth (software mac ) but here the quality remains to be desired . I want to use my canon ixus 100 with to software instead use the webcam integrated on my bacbookpro. So how to configure install, configure it to take pictures with photobook via my Canon. Please advice. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to use canon ixus 100 is digital camera as a webcam

The canon ixus 100 movie mode offers to film in HDTV 720p (. MOV H.264) quality . Unfortunately , it is still not possible to use the zoom while filming and the sound is hopelessly mono. Too bad Canon did not take this update to change the Ixus in this area. Also significant , the compact has a output mini HDMI to enjoy images and videos on a compatible TV a transition to TV makes images a more homogeneous on the entire surface, but overall a little less pitted. Chromatic aberrations are not visible.

I am using Hercules that has subcontracted the development of the software interface that lets you use the DUALPIX . The software is not " all-in -one " as those of the competition : an interface that could be called main , can access the recovery and classification of images on the webcam and also providing access by buttons other ( video capture, surveillance software , video streaming on the Internet ...).

If your camera is not recognized by Windows as a capture device (and therefore there is no driver) , it will be identified as an external hard drive ( memory card is visible in the Computer work) . And in this case , no chance to use it as a webcam. If you do not have a driver issue you can use your device as webcam. If not already done so or if necessary , install the driver that came with the camera into the PC. The latter, generally provided in the CD -ROM accompanying allows Windows to recognize your hardware as capture device video. Turn your camera by selecting the shooting mode of view . Above all, do not select the playback mode or file transfer . Directly open your instant messaging software ,

you need to connect your camcorder to your PC with a cable FireWire. Turn it on in shooting mode and wait until Windows detects it . Start TrackerCamIn the dialog box that appears toSelect. In the next window on the left , click Select. In the next window on the left toSelect has CameraThen the right side , choose Microsoft DV Camera and VCR. If a window with the message TrackerPod / Powerpod not found! appears toOK. After initialization time , the image of your camcorder appears in the software window , but the framing is extremely tightened . To correct it, click the button at the bottom left of the window, which shows the dashboard.

First, click on the menu Start Aad select Control Panel and click Printers and Faxes. Press Scanner and Camera. A new window will open. Choose your webcam by double clicking on theWizard Scanner and Camera appears, press the button Next. You see on the left side , the image taken by your camera. Adjust the lighting by pressing the F11 key on your keyboard . Try to enlighten as much as possible about being shot , usually 's face a person or body for an animal . Put a little light in the background, unless you want to give effect to your photo. Do not put a light under the bottom of the face unless you want to produce a " lighting monster " .