Thread: Galaxy S GT-i9000 & Kies problem

Galaxy S GT-i9000 & Kies problem

I have a Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 phone and i want connect the phone with my laptops and use the internet and the services by kies on the phone so please provide me sufficient information to install the Kies software and how i can use all the services on the phone, any suggestion on the given topic will be helpful and supportive to me.

Re: Galaxy S GT-i9000 & Kies problem

You have mentioned that you want to use the internet and the Kies services on the Samsung Galaxy S GT-9000 phone but first tell me what services you want to use and on which laptop you are going to install the application. The Kies application can be downloaded from the Samsung website and then install it in the laptop but before that please tell me which services you want to use.

I have downloaded the kies application from the Samsung website and installed Kies on 3 laptops (2 XP and 1 Win7) but my phone is not predictable by any of them on the laptop. I appreciate that a firmware update to the Galaxy S might help, but with no a working Kies how do I revise my firmware from "2.1-update1" to whatever the newest version is? There does appear to be a vast defect anywhere if I can't get Kies operational on 3 unlike equipment. So, please provide me the solution to connect with the Laptop.

There seems to be a trouble in the Firmware that you are using in the system so, to overcomes these issue you have to update the firmware. These update can be done by via connecting the update software which you have got with the mobile phone. These will make the phone updated and you will be able to install the Kies software.

I have not got CD of the update software and then i contacted the Samsung Mobiles for these issue so they have told me to deliver the CD to me and also told that i am using the latest firmware available to Samsung phone, so what should now i do to resolve these issue. any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated.

If Samsung Kies is not linking to your phone, un-mount the SD card and re-mount the card for better performance then make convinced the phone is set to Samsung Kies. Additional item publics on the internet tubes have recommended is in system devices, delete the entire drivers and devices then plug the phone reverse in to let the drivers re-install. Attractive thing with un-mounting the SD card I've noticed is that When you un-mount your outer SD card you don't have the choice to mount it again. However, if you then un-mount the interior SD you have the selection to mount that one. If you do mount the inner SD again it'll also increase the exterior card at the same time, so you don't require re-booting the phone.

First of all on your mobile you should be on the home screen. I have one more question can you see your device on the windows explore?, where it is detected as a USB storage device. If so and we narrow the problem there is no problem with the USB. If still on the home screen you cannot get connected to Kies there is rather problem with Kies not the mobile. Try to uninstall and reinstall the lates version of Kies for GT-i9000. Then update it. If all the connections are Ok and if your computer firwall doesnt stop you all should be fine. Infact there is NO official ugrade is available for GT-i9000 so far. Pls pay attention if any activities of your Firewall when you reinstall Keis and when you connect first time the mobile to the PC.

Hi Im hoping someone can help me, Ive got the new Galaxy S and have tried everything including all the advice given in previous threads to connect my mobile to my PC so that I can copy/download music from my pc onto my computer. The problem I have first of all is knowing which option to select from settings for the USB connection. I have tried them all, when I select the option media player it recognises my mobile and confirms this as GT-i9000 however, it is recognising it as a camera and therefore is not allowing me to copy anything from my PC onto my phone. How do I change this ? Also SAMSUNG KIES is not installing onto my computer I've downloaded it all but when I go to install it constantly states "installation aborted" Ive contacted samsung who sent me an email advising that I needed to have certain other downloads on my computer which I've done and installed.... is there any other way I can download music from my PC onto my mobile - please help it would be appreciated

What is your system configuration ? First of all make sure your system meets the following requirement to make the program run perfectly:
    1. OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
    2. Processor: Intel Pentium 1,8 GHz or higher (recommended)
    3. Minimum memory (RAM): 1.00 GB (recommended)
    4. Free hard disk space: Minimum 500 MB

Also, you can try Samsung PC Studio for this process. It is simple and user friendly. Form more help on this, refer the following posts:
    Download Samsung PC Studio / Suite 3.2.1 HA4 Vista
    Samsung Pc Suite Sudio 3 for GT-E2120 help needed
    samsung corby 3653 pc suite for win 7

Thank you very much Maq.H for your help will look into this today