Thread: Compaq Presario R3000 power cord issue

Compaq Presario R3000 power cord issue

I have brought a new brand Compaq laptop this week for my personal use. I have only used it for five days but after that I have started facing this problem with my new brand laptop. The actual problem is with the power cord of my Laptop. What can I do for this problem? Does anybody have faced this kind of problem? If any idea to remove this problem from my Laptop. Any help regarding this issue will be appreciated. Thank in Advance.

Re: Compaq Presario R3000 power cord issue

Let me get the exact problem what are facing with your new Compaq Laptop system. The first thing I have to clear out from you is that, have gone through any kind of electric spark from your Laptop, or any kind of problem with connected to electricity. Or is this happen after you have plug in the charger with the electric terminal.

No, I can get your question properly, what are you taking about the electricity. I am only facing the problem with the power cord of my new Compaq Presario R3000 Laptop not the other thing. I have just attached the one terminal of the power cord to the Laptop and other to the electric power board (spy-guard) and started it but it fails to start my Laptop. Do you have another suggestion to go out through this problem?

I just wanted to ask whether you have fallen with any problem like sparking with your Laptop while connecting it with the electric connection supplier like Spy-guard or any problem during the time of accessing the Laptop. If you feel any problem then don’t ever go for the switching on your Laptop system, it might cause more problem with your Laptop.

I think this problem can be removed by changing the power cord of your Laptop. Because the same was happened with me during the improper supply of electricity on my residence area. I have faced this problem and then I have changed the power cord after that I didn’t faced this problem again with my Laptop.

I have gone through this difficulties with my new Laptop as same as you have faced with your Laptop system. But at that time my Laptop system is in the warranty period I have just claim the warranty of my Laptop system and I got the replacement of the power cord now I am using it without any problem.

I suggest you to go for the workshop from where you have purchase the Laptop system. The only thing you have to carry with you is your bill and the warranty certificate which was provided by the workshop. They will such go for the any required help or they can replace the power supply with your old once.