Thread: Laptop screen destroyed how to fix it ?

Laptop screen destroyed how to fix it ?

I am using Dell latitude E6400 14” Laptop from last 6 months, it has great features. Most importantly it has battery life up to 19 hours with optional 9-cell battery and solid state drive. The best thing I love about it is 14.1" diagonal widescreen matte TFT LCD display with 1440x 900 resolutions. But my laptop screen has just got damage and cracked which I am not able to fix. So I want to know how to fix it what can be done to fix it.

Re: Laptop screen destroyed how to fix it ?

Your Dell latitude E6400 laptop will be having the LCD glued into the frame. This will usually make your work much easier to replace the whole cover of your Laptop as it comes with glued LCD. So you can follow the manual which have the instruction related to your display screen which you can use while going for replacement of your laptop display. You can also refer : How To Replace A Broken Laptop or Notebook Display

It is tough to fix your laptop screen so one thing you can do is just go for new screen for yourself which will be much cheaper then to fix the existing laptop screen. This will save your money you are going to spend on existing display screen it’s better to get new screen then spending on older one.

One thing you can do that just see if your laptop screen is really damage it might be the issue with the connection between your display screen and laptop video card which you are using for higher resolution. So first try to just look for this if this is the cause than you can just fix it properly and your problem will be solved.

You have to follow the steps as :
    • Determine if you need a new screen- you can check if you really want new screen just connect external monitor through VGA-out port if other part functioning properly then go for new one.
    • Find and remove the bezel screws before fix the new one.
    • Just remove the bezels.
    • Find the best replacement parts.
    • After all fix the destroyed screen.

As you are using Dell latitude E6400 14” Laptop if the screen is cracked,then it has dead pixels or a complete row or column. Then there might be IC driver failure,at this point of time you have to replace the LCD or it can be problem with integrated video problem on the motherboard,You must go for testing your laptop with external monitor.