Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Altec lansing ADA995 subwoofer

Portable Devices

Old 26-09-2010

Altec lansing ADA995 subwoofer

I am using an Altec Lansing ADA995 subwoofer with my desktop computer system and it seems like something have gone wrong with this speaker system. Actually my computer system can detect this speaker system but it cannot play front speakers. What could be the problem, Is there anything related to the hardware itself or am i missing any settings?

Old 26-09-2010

Re: Altec lansing ADA995 subwoofer

I guess the problem seems to be with the sound card or the drivers for it due to which your computer is not able to play the sound in some of your speakers. I suggest you first update the drivers of your operating system which might solve your problem. If not then i think you need to check your sound card as there could be problem.
Old 26-09-2010

Is this a single card or embedded in your motherboard? For everest , click on the link Everest (in the post sim9494 ) , then once on that site , click on "EVEREST Ultimate Edition 2006 v 3.01 " , then click download (this version is a trial , which mean what is limited, but it will suffice for what we will do ). Once installed and running, you click on the cross in front of media (in everest ) and then click Audio PCI / PnP. And you have the name of your sound card and reference.
Old 26-09-2010

It might also happen that there would be some settings needed to start your front speaker sounding. If you are hearing sound from rear speakers then it must be settings issue. I suggest you to check about the same from the Control Panel if you are using a Windows operating system. Open Sound and Audio Devices and select your speakers as a hardware and select 5.1 in the drop down menu.
Old 26-09-2010

It might happen that you have made some kind of mistake while connecting your speaker system. Check all the wiring again on your computer as well as sound system. Is your front speaker wires have got loose. If not then i suggest you to insert the pin of Front speaker in to the rear one and vice versa. Check that those speakers are working or not. By doing this you can confirm that the your speakers are working properly.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,