Thread: iOS 4 Causing iPod Touch Battery Problems

iOS 4 Causing iPod Touch Battery Problems

I have bought a new iPod Touch which i have upgraded by installing an iOS4 on it. Actually it worked without any problem for first two months but now suddenly something seems to be wrong with this iPod Touch. Battery of this iPod drains very quickly since i have upgraded this phone. I hope that there wont be any problem with my iPod and it should be with an iOS 4. So that it can be solved with software update. Has anybody solved this problem or seen any such problem with an iOS4.

Re: iOS 4 Causing iPod Touch Battery Problems

Look first for what those settings. Maybe has there what changed (brightness , time to lock, darkening , etc.). My wife had recently such a problem with the iPhone and the culprit behind was an app that has prevented the screen when not in use until darkened and then turned off. If they then forgotten after using the apps, to end the program , the battery was after two hours empty . We have discovered only by chance and wanted the iPhone already bring to the dealer.

I have seen the same problem on my iPod with an iOS 4 but it can not be due to an app, there are hardly any , except for e -books and even the standby mode, ie the device is switched off , no application is running, the battery power is immense. Then I can probably just waiting for an update. I wanted an overview of the range of have iBooks , otherwise I would certainly not have played the beta testers. And not even that was worth it, no comparison to textunes.

I guess i have found the core of this problem. Actually Switching on Airplane Mode eliminated the increased battery consumption. It is probably on the W - LAN, specifically in the recruitment push in e - mails. If I switch as to manual true, everything. Previously, the battery lasted well with the setting " every 15 minutes. "

To extend the battery again, it goes anscheindend on the iPod touch, use the default setting " Fetch New Data " change to under Mail , Contacts, Calendars . The blogger turned off the " push " from setting and set the " fetch "setting to Manual . It is suspected that iOS 4 at any other setting of " Fetch New Data " which ensures that the WiFi connection of the is turned on iPod permanently - even if the iPod is in sleep mode. No wonder that the battery is empty in a short time.