Thread: Java applications produce no sound on Symbian phone

Java applications produce no sound on Symbian phone

On my old Nokia 6230i, I was intelligent to employ Java applications such as Guitar Mobile Tools ( Guitar Mobile Tools ) to adjust my guitar, find chords, etc. I now have a Symbian smpartphone (Nokia N85), and Guitar Mobile Tools is no longer able to produce any sound, even though it is set to maximum volume from the application settings. The phone's level is also set to utmost, and any additional sound applications (e.g. Music Player) are turned off. I try about 5 additional similar Java-based applications and all of them are "muted". I also try everything on another Symbian (N95 8GB), with the same results.

Re: Java applications produce no sound on Symbian phone

If you want to run the java applications on the Nokia phone then the best option is that you run all the jar applications. The jar applications are easy to install and they are easily available in the market as compared to the Symbian application which is not as good as jar in the Nokia platform so the .jar files are the solution to the issue.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There is a website called as Free Symbian applications which provides over thousand application for free which will work very fine in your N85 mobile phone. There are also other websites and resources available form where you can download the Symbian application for your phone but the java applications are much more effective in the Nokia phones.

Firmware updates are first and foremost old in sort to fix bugs in the software. This is the cause that you may desire to update your firmware. Firmware is the software that controls and powers your phone. This includes all the typical applications, the telephony functions, the S60 edge and the fundamental Symbian Operating system. In the majority firmware updates it is the higher stage applications and hardware integration that is updated. Nokia in recent times announced their Phone Software Update utility, which enables you to inform the , Software (firmware) of your phone. This is achieved using a computer submission, a broadband Internet association and a USB. So please upgrade your firmware to overcome this issue.