Thread: Random text messages being received as all symbols

Random text messages being received as all symbols

Before two days, My phone have started showing this problem about which i am gonna tell you guys now. Actually i gotta message from one of my friend and that message was having some weird symbols instead of texts. Then i confirmed it from my friend that it was really a text message but my phone showed me something like "%%^%^%^%*&)*0!#^#...". What kind of problem it could be?

Re: Random text messages being received as all symbols

I guess the problem would not be with your phone as it seems to be perfectly fine but the issue seems to be from your Phone's carries end. I suggest you to call to the customer care of your network providing company and discuss the same issue with them, It might happen that your phone have got some kind of wrong settings from them due to which your messages are getting converted into symbols.

Contacting the customer care of my phone which is Vodafone Care is just a waste of time as they said to pull out the battery and put it back in my phone which will solve this problem. Actually there were not aware of any such issues, And it is but obvious that rebooting the phone does not seems to be solution for this problem. Please help me, Is there anything wrong with my phone?

It might happen that your friend have sent you the message in some other language which has not been installed on your phone and when your phone receives that message written in some other language then your phone trieds to translate it but could not do it and hence it gets converted into some weird symbols. I would like to ask you that is it happening for receiving messages from any particular number or it happens with any contact number.

This problem could also come when your phone receives any picture message and by some mean your phone is not supporting for the picture messages (MMS). I suggest you to check that does your phone support for such messages or not as if not them there is nothing wrong neither with your phone nor with the carrier services.

I guess you should show your phone to the customer care of your phone's manufacturer as there could be somethingsome kind of package needs to be installed on your phone which supports for messaging service. At least give them a check about your phone and please do not delet such messages as they wont harm your phone at all.