Thread: How to create a mail account with ipad

How to create a mail account with ipad

Hello,
    I'd like to create a mailbox on an email account with the iPad but the problem is I do not know how to do it. There is nothing in the doc provided with iPad. Does anybody know how? Any kind of help is appreciated. Thank you

Re: How to create a mail account with ipad

You can only import mailboxes already created: gmail, yahoo or an address from your provider. For this, simply open "Settings"> "Mail, Contacts, Calendar"> add an account. I guess not other alternative is available for this, if you find any then post back it will help others.

I do not have a directory on the website of my mail provider (free in this case) because I create them on my local mail client (the computer) So I receive a mail mail iPad, I can not store it in a directory if this directory is not created prior to the mail server, correct? Does that means also that emails are not safeguard the iPad even with a POP account?

No email software, to my knowledge, does create a new email account. This is not specific to the iPad. Right, in the case of an email account configured as IMAP folders should be created on the server to see them appear in Mail iPad. When the possibility of creating its own records on the iPad, not having at hand, I can not answer you.

The best would be to move to IMAP instead of POP. That way you'll have a unified box between your different and thus creates all your files accessible. I like the POP because I can store on SD emails I want to keep. It's true that this may be old fashioned but it allows me not to depend on my email provider that would for example not to convey my message to another email provider. Then as regards the iPad is still a shame not to add a mailbox in which I could store emails I want to keep on the iPad.

Hello all,
    I did not create a topic just for that, but I have a quick question to people who have already tried: is it possible to import the "Mail" from the Ipad an account from the Messaging OVH?