Thread: Tuner VS Tuner-Less DVD recorder?

Tuner VS Tuner-Less DVD recorder?

I want to purchase one DVD recorder to store my all shows, actions and movies from my cable operator. Presently I do not have any DVD recorder set up and planning to change it in my coming future. I have search for DVR on internet and I found two categories; Tuner DVR and Tuner –less DVD recorder. There are some cheap and some costly DVR available on ebay websites. I am seeing here that cheaper DVD are Tuner less and with tuner DVR are little bit costly. While it will be good to watch another channel while I am recording something on the DVD recorder, it is not totally essential. Do I require a recorder with a tuner? Is it value the additional bucks for Tuner DVR. And when I lastly obtain DVR service, will I be able to record from it to the DVD recorder? Many thanks to all replies in advance!!

Re: Tuner VS Tuner-Less DVD recorder?

If you are not pleased with just recording your favorite shows you are watching, then you have to use a tuner recorder. And if you are just download (recording) then there are lots of worst options available even worse than VCR and it’s hard to envision. So if you really want to use and buy a DVD recorder than buy it with tuner with some more bugs. And buy tuner that must support timer programming. It will require being clever to manage the cable box by an IR or serial connection.

I hope you have some better solution available in market. I think so better solution is a hard disk DVD recorder. Cable and satellite companies may take some rent from you or you can go for TiVo. Tivo has more batter interface as compare to cable co DVD recorders but you have to pay some monthly fees that may be from $ 10 to $ 13.its depends on that how much you are giving them to prepay. But I think the cable hire charge is same or more, particularly for HD. You just have to make a decision if you are eager to foot the $250-$300 cost for the TiVo box.

I have used one Tuner less DVD recorder and I know only about its feature. I have not tried tuner DVR yet. In tuner less DVR you can only play DVD but you will not be able to run your TV channels via the DVD player. You know how on similar VCR’s and DVD players they have one inbuilt clock coding in which you can set some time specification and with that you can change your TV channel and in tuner less DVR you will not see all these features.