Thread: Boost Mobile -vs- Virgin Mobile

Boost Mobile -vs- Virgin Mobile

So I am thinking to change the phone company to any other which has better service then my current one. I heard that Virgin mobile gives the unlimited plan for $25 and the boost mobiles gives it for $50 per month. I am not sure about it. Is there anyone who has used either Virgin or Boost mobile? Can you give me the suggestion for the mobile to use? Any suggestion for anyone will be appreciative.

Re: Boost Mobile -vs- Virgin Mobile

Both are very good mobile but I would recommend you for Virgin mobile. It is better than the Boost mobile in term of price. You will find it cheaper than the boost mobile. I am also using the virgin phone and have not got ant problem yet. Every member in my family is using the same brand and they all are happy with that and you should go for it.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You may find these mobile in very less price than other mobile but I would like to tell you that any of these two companies network is not reliable though they roam lots. I would like to recommend you the T-mobile. You may have to pay some extra money for this but you find that it has great network than those two and therefore the extra price is worth for it. Do just think about the price,quality is more than the price.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I like the service provided by those two. It is not very good but not too bad. The only think that I dont like about this phone is that they are owned by Sprint and they do not allow any other phone in their network that means we can not use any other brands handset with the Virgin network. Virgin mobile will only work with VM and not with other phone like Boost mobile.

In fact Sprint bought Virgin Mobile and they have already bought Boost mobile. I am using Boost mobile which is a sprint network. I found that it has a great service for text/web. It gives very fast text service but I rarely use web service by my phone. I got this unlimited fast text servicing worth $50. I hope this will help you in any way.

As we see now the use of text messaging is increasing very fast and I think it will increase more in future. I found that Virgin mobile is the only one which provides the best text and web services. Charges for the voice call are also low in comparison with other service providing companies. Don’t worry, buy that phone and you will not have problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    You may find these mobile in very less price than other mobile but I would like to tell you that any of these two companies network is not reliable though they roam lots. I would like to recommend you the T-mobile. You may have to pay some extra money for this but you find that it has great network than those two and therefore the extra price is worth for it. Do just think about the price,quality is more than the price.
    Actually, VM does not allow roaming. Both boost and VM are apart of Sprint, so they have the same coverage that Sprint has. I will not argue that T-Mo is a great provider, as I have had my primary line of service with them for years, but when it comes to pre-paid, VM/Boost are the best.

i am getting a phone and i am not sure if i should go with boost mobile of virgin mobile.
    i want unlimited texting, nationwide calling, unlimited web and email.
    should i choose boost mobile or virgin mobile?

Hai i think you go for the virgin mobile. i have virgin mobile on mine LG Phone and on virgin mobile for $25 we get the unlimated internet, free texting and 300 minutes of talking free for one month. it has good network as well do i think you go for the virgin mobile

Down Re: Boost Mobile -vs- Virgin Mobile

I'll try to make it as succinct as possible:

About 6 months ago I got tired of paying upwards or $100 for my AT&T service. My contract with them had expired so I went ahead and signed up for BoostMobile. Yesterday, my Samsung Galaxy Prevail's ear speaker failed down to Best Buy I went to replace it. When I tried to activate the new phone via BoostMobile's site, I got a message indicating that my new rate will be increased by $5 per month. I called BoostMobile and spoke to 2 reps and 1 supervisor. The supervisor kept telling me that the reason for the increase is because I'm getting more feature and faster data speeds. I disagreed and asked what the new features were and how can the new phone be faster than the old one since it's still only a 3g phone.

I hung up the phone and called back and spoke with another rep. He indicated that he will set it up so my plan stays at $50 and guaranteed that it will.

For those users out there that are considering BoostMobile, BE WARNED customer service is extremely poor. In my opinion the reps on the phone not only have the wrong attitude towards their job, quite often I couldn't understand what they were saying due to their sub-par english skills.

My mother recently got Virgin Mobile, while their customer service is not stellar either, it is a couple of notches better.

I'll keep you posted about whether or not Boost Mobile tries to sneak $5 more per month. Stay tuned.