Thread: Sleep V/S Hibernate on laptop?

Sleep V/S Hibernate on laptop?

I am using the Acer laptop and the Windows 7 ultimate and it is running very well on the system. Now there are some issues that are occurring in the system and i want to know about Sleep and the Hibernate on the laptop. So, please tell the difference between Sleep and the hibernate on the system that will be helpful to me .

Re: Sleep V/S Hibernate on laptop?

In the sleep mode the laptop or the computer is not really "off" and be awaken by the mouse even when the lid is closed. As we compare the hibernate with the sleep it is really in "Off" condition but the difference is that it stores all the previous data on the system and when the next time you turn on the laptop it will display all the store data.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

if you are watching a video on the laptop then it is recommended that you always put your laptop on the hibernate because if the laptop crashes down or due to the power supply so it will store all the data on the laptop. These is recommended method as your laptop is frequently crashes.

I have understand the concept of the hibernate and the sleep and the hibernate is a recommended method but now i want to known that what should i do when i am playing games. At the times the laptop turn off and i have to start the game again from the start.So, please provide me a method to overcome these issue any suggestion will be helpful.

As you play games very frequently on the laptop so the hibernate will be the best option for you. In hibernate all the previous stages of the games will be stored and you do not have to start again when there is a break down in the laptop. So, use the hibernate in the laptop and enjoy your games as it does not sleeps and stores all the previous details.

As compared to the sleep the hibernate is a very beneficial method as it does not consume any power at the time of the switching. Hibernation is a positive power administration characteristic that's often miserably unnoticed regardless of its great benefits. You’re really turning it off. So, disparate Stand By (Sleep) mode, a hibernated laptop isn't using any battery control at all - that laptop is off. The top secret at the back hibernation is that before you turn off the laptop, the whole thing you're doing with the laptop is saved.

Sleep is generally well-known as Standby in Microsoft’s Windows OS. In Sleep mode, the control provides to supplementary and non-critical component is suspended, and the majority system process is shutdown and blocked. Whereas Hibernate will save the data in physical memory hard disk and then power off the computer. In Hibernate mode, a file called hiberfil.sys which has the similar folder size as the quantity of system memory will be shaped on the local disk. The benefit of Hibernation mode is that no power is exhausted for highest saving of power.