Thread: AlphaSmart vs Laptop

AlphaSmart vs Laptop

I am having a desktop computer which i am mostly using for word processing. I sit for 4 to 5 hour a day on the computer for writing the data which irritates my eyes due to long working hour. I am now planning to buy a laptop but one of my friend suggested me to go with the AlphaSmart which is an word processing portable device. I am now confused which one to buy. Expecting some help regarding the issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: AlphaSmart vs Laptop

If you ask me then i will advise you to go with the laptop only as if you buy a laptop then you can perform lot more then the AlphaSmart device which you are talking about. Also the AlphaSmart is having the looks like calculator which will later on you will find boring. So it is better to go with the laptop and use the same for your Word processing.

AlphaSmart is Palm versatile alternative to a laptop for students, researchers and practitioners. It combines the convenience and accessibility of a team based in Palm Os with the ergonomics of a lightweight laptop. Dana Palm is easy to use, is simple and the battery life is exceptionally long, so you can work while you are away from your computer. It is a Palm word processor, portable and accessible to store and edit text and then transfer it to any computer or directly to printer. With the push of a button the text is transferred to the computer (to format) or a variety of printers (for printing directly.)

If you are not getting the proper sitting on the Desktop due to the radiation then i will advise you to go with the Anti Radiation Glasses which will allow you to work on device of yours for long working hour without getting stress on eyes. You can get the same on any of the Optical Shop. So go through the same and see whether you like it not.

AlphaSmart is a keyboard that can connect to iPad by Camera Connection Kit (USB connector). The best thing is that the iPad device recognizes it instantly and insert it can use anything else. With the help of the same you can also directly print through the printer. As most of the work of your is based on Word then better you use this. You can also transfer the data from the AlphaSmart to the computer of yours.

Its shape is easy to transport. Lightweight (weighs less than 1 Kg) and virtually indestructible, is a useful tool not only within and outside a classroom, but wherever the need arises to take notes or write. You can go with the laptop if you wanted to perform more task then just writing. So go through the same and see you like it or not.

No computer at home? Need a little word-processing love in your Script Frenzy life? Thanks to the kindness of our participants and the good folks at AlphaSmart, we have a solution to your technology woes. Script Frenzy has a small lending library of AlphaSmart Neos for use by Script Frenzy participants. The Neos are battery-powered and fully portable, but can't get online, and can't run scriptwriting software. For pounding out dialogue and scene sketches, though, they can't be beat.