Thread: HP Laptop, Quad-core vs. Dual-core?

HP Laptop, Quad-core vs. Dual-core?

Recently while traveling my Toshiba laptop fall down. Now i am looking to buy HP Pavilion dv6t quad core. I want to use it more for study purpose and i play less game. The following spec i would be getting. Windows 7 professional, 8GB RAM,500GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive,512MB NVIDIA GeForce G 105M and integrated modem. If possible provide me with the list of such laptop. And specify what option you suggest and why?

Re: HP Laptop, Quad-core vs. Dual-core?

As per your requirement for dual core you have the following choices:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-330M Dual Core processor (2.13GHz, 3MB L2 Cache)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-350M Dual Core processor (2.26GHz, 3MB L2 Cache)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-430M Dual Core processor (2.26GHz, 3MB L2 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.53GHz

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-520M Dual Core processor (2.40GHz, 3MB L2 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz

And for quad-core you can have this option:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-820QM Quad Core Processor (1.73GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.06GHz
    I will suggest you to go for Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM is a fast quad-core processor. It features 4cores and Hyperthreading. Eight thread can be worked on simultaneously.

I will suggest you should go with Intel Quad Core (1.73GHz), Its specification are 1.73 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-820 processor, 2 GB (1 x 2 GB DIMM) dual-channel, Windows OS and drivers already installed; hard-drive-based recovery. This laptop are good in terms of reliability,durability and functionality. This will be really good processor for every heavy usage.
    You can visit the below link for your opinion and all:
    http://www.hp.com.

I am planning to buy a new gaming system. I am inevitably confronted with the quad core vs dual core. The processor I want to buy will be of Intel and not from other OEM. I do not have too much knowledge of computer. So if possible provide through a brief discussion between quad core vs dual core processor which will help me to decide which one should I buy?

Most game which are in the market do not take the advantage of more than two cores but there are many games out to take the advantage of multi-core. As per I know Intel do not make a 2Ghz Quad processor. If you can wait for some day, I recommend you getting quad. You must want it to be fast in single threaded application, for this you need the speed of 2.8+ Ghz. Intel Q9550 would be a better choice for you. This one is fast in single as well as multi-threaded application.

Most game which are in the market do not take the advantage of more than two cores but there are many games out to take the advantage of multi-core. As per I know Intel do not make a 2Ghz Quad processor. If you can wait for some day, I recommend you getting quad. You must want it to be fast in single threaded application, for this you need the speed of 2.8+ Ghz. Intel Q9550 would be a better choice for you. This one is fast in single as well as multi-threaded application.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

As you are planning to have it more for school use. You need high speed performance laptop. As per my knowledge you can have one of the below.
    A) Hp Pavilion dv7-1090 (18.4" )

i)Nvidia 9600M GT
    ii) Core2Duo t9400@2.5Ghz
    iii) 4Gb ram DDR2
    iv)500MB Sata
    B) Hp HDX X18-1175 (17" )
    i)Nvidia 9600M GT
    ii) Core2Quad Q9000@2.0Ghz
    iii)4 GB / 8 GB (max) DDR2 SDRAM
    iv)1Tera Storage Capacity
    The final decision will be your so see its specification before going for it.