Thread: Alienware m17x vs Asus G73JH laptop

Alienware m17x vs Asus G73JH laptop

I was dreaming about this from many time and finally i am up to buy a new laptop for me and i am just looking forward to have a best one with me. I have chosen some laptops out of which i have got confused between these two, Alienware M17X & Asus G73JH. Now i am not able to select any one from these two, can anybody help me that for which should go purchasing. I would prefer for laptop that has a better features and other support.

Re: Alienware m17x vs Asus G73JH laptop

First of all i would like to ask you that for what purposes you are gonna use this laptop as it would be better if you buy a laptop according to your needs. Actually i have bought a new laptop which is gonna used by my son (17 yrs). It is obvious that he is gonna use this laptop mostly for gaming and watching movies. As i have heard that Alientware sells best gaming laptops, I bought it! And i guess i have not made any mistake as watching movie on this laptop is just a great experience. Best thing i liked about this laptop was its screen and graphic support.

I have collected some information about both the laptops that are confusing you. ASUS G73JH-X1 has an Intel Core i7 720QM(1.6GHz) with the 17.3" screen with the 1080p. It has a graphic card of an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870. On the other hand, Alienware m17x has an Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4 GHz Processor with the graphic support of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M Video Card. I guess Nvidia is anyday better then that of ATI Radeon. I would suggest you to go for buying the Alienware. Though i have not used thsi laptop but my judgment says that this laptop would be better then Asus for gaming.

According to me, there is nothing like gaming laptops in this world as you can make your own laptop which can give a great support to play all the high end graphic games. Anyway, This both laptops seems to be having almost similar kind of things. So you won't be having any noticeable difference between both of these laptops. Still i would suggest you to go with the latest processor technology that Intel i7 processor. Asus G73JH laptop has better processor then Alienware.
    I have heard lots and lots of good comments about this new "i" core processors which is the main reason behind suggesting Asus.

There would be many differences between both the laptops but I am talking about the batteries. Asus has an 8-cell 14.6v battery where as Alienware comes equipped with a 9-cell lithium-ion battery. So there is a difference between these two batteries but not in their performance. Still you have to check about the same while playing the games on it.

If you consider the power then I suggest you to go for buying an Asus G73JH laptop as it has a Intel core i7 processor so I is obvious that it is gonna be having more power then core 2 duo processor. And if you are considering the screen then even you can decide on your own for buying an Alienware as it has bit bigger screen then Asus.

Manufacture quality would be much better in an Alienware m17x then an Asus. Although these both machines are very much powerful. And there is no need to have more Ram above 4 Gb unless and until you are using the virtual machines all the time. I recommend you to verify for dells epp discounts which would be around 10%. I suggest you to check about the best buy on an internet as you might get really best bargains on net.

As the laptops which you are going to buy does not have much difference then I guess you should consider the best service now. Actually I have not seen any laptop company which can give best services as per the customers’s expectation but still you can check that who’s service center are closer to you so that it won’t be much headache to deal with any problem regarding your laptop in future.