Thread: trouble playing video on tv with dtunes

trouble playing video on tv with dtunes

Hi, I am using a Samsung DVD player which came with an ipod dock. I was able to play the movies from iTunes to my TV via the DVD player. Now I have downloaded the dTunes and mobile theater. I was wishing to play the videos to the TV but it broken my hope. I am able to play the videos. I can just listen the sound of the videos and there is no sound. Can you tell me what is the problem and How can I get out of it? Please help me.

Re: trouble playing video on tv with dtunes

There may be problem with the version of the iTune you are using and according to me you have to the version of iTune you are using. You should download the updated version of iTune and replace the existing one. In many of related cases I have seen that updating the iTune solves the issue therefore you should update the version you are using and I wish it will solve the issue.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

As you told that you are able to get the sound but the problem is with the video. I think there is some problem with the dtune setting. Go to dTune setting and find the option for video out. You have to make this option on and save the setting. Again run it and I am sure that it will make the video also to display. This is the basic setting that one have to do in order to get video on the TV screen.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

This seems that you have problem with your output cable. I was also facing the same issue and one of my friends suggested me buy a video cable. I bought mine for $50 from apple store. I got the problem gone when I connected it with that cable; I was able to here the audio and video properly. You also have to do this if you want to output the video on different screen.

Have you tried before without using any third party apps? Sometimes there is the problem with signal, what happens is the signal does not reach to TV. You can try to switch back to A\V you may have some different function to control your TV on the remote. That is depend on the TV you are using. This may help you if it the problem with the signal.

This issue will be taken care with Apple component cable Part number: MB128LL/B. You may have to make use of patched ipad file to use third party cable. It will help you to circulate the requirement to use genuine cables from apple with the necessary chip. As far as I know the revise Landscape TV Out app on Cydia has a workaround for third party cables that may help you out

If you have already replaced your iapd file then the most important thing that you should make sure that the permission is set to 755 and the reboot not respring. You will find that Native TV works with 3g and 3gs. If you have already struggled with your iapd file then you should look at the permission and this will be good place to solve the error. You may have to reset the permission if you want to revert back to original iapd.

I gone to the whole thing in ipad file and I found that everything was OK on the properties. After that I went to the setting of landscape program and gone to TV out compatibility mode and there I simply changed the TV out layer to 2 and I found the videos playing on the screen. Now the only problem is that I don’t have any control over on my phones screen.

To watch movies you canon your iphone you can try using iphone video. I was also facing problem when using other application to watch movies on the TV like Dtunes, yxflash etc. You can also give a try to ScreenSplitter and see if it is working for you. It works good for me and I hope that it will do same for you.

Hey, thank you very much friends,I was having the problem with iapd file and I replaced iapd file as suggested above. And it solves the issue for me. Thank you very much friends for giving me such a nice suggestion. Once again I am very very thankful to all.