Thread: USB on Mac: iPhone not detected for MyWi tethering

USB on Mac: iPhone not detected for MyWi tethering

Friends I am trialing MyWi. It was working fine on my Mac and I was not getting any complaint for it but when I switched to another machine, I found that I am not able to make it work there over USB. At one machine it appears as iPhone USB but it shows me the message that either it is not plugged properly or it is not responding.

I want to know that is there any setting that I have to do to make it work. Is there anyone who have faced the same problem or anyone has solution for it then please post it here. Thanks.

Re: USB on Mac: iPhone not detected for MyWi tethering

Hey, I was also facing the same problem with a pwnage-jb'd 3GS on 3.1.2. I was also wondering for the solution and finally I got the solution for it and here is that which helped me. First of all I turned on Internet Tethering which is there in Setting > General > Network and there I flipped the toggleto “on” which was for for USB/BT tethering in MyWi. And this works fine for me and my wifi tethering works fine

OK, if you want to tether the connection you have to turn the USB Tethering on in the MyWi. You have to one other setting after that, you have to go to iPhone Settings/General/Network and there you have to turn on the Internet Tethering. If you can not see the option there then you can go to Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings. This will take time(in seconds) to reset and it will solve the issue.

You can try the above setting and see that it is working or not. If it is not working then you you should try a simple setting which I am going to tell you. I was also facing the same problem and this setting solves the issue. I was getting the problem with working of USB tethering, then I went to network setting and there I found "renew DHCP lease". I clicked on that and guess what it did the trick and I found it working.

If you have problem with your USB drive then also you can get the similar problem. If that is the case then you have to reinstall your USB driver. Uninstall the USB driver and restart your computer then it will ask you install the driver. You have to follow the instruction to install it again. After reinstalling also if it does not work then you have to update the driver. Download the latest version of the Driver from internet and install it. This will solve the USB driver issue.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You should make sure that you have installed the itunes. If it is not installed before connecting the iphone to your computer then it might create problem in detecting the iphone for MyWi tethering. This is not the error this is the simple mistake that anybody can do. You should install iTune to your computer before connecting the iPhone if you have not installed it.

It is correct that you have to install iTune before connecting theiPod to computer. And if you have already installed the iTune into the computer and still getting the problem then you should make sure that it is updated. If it is not updated then you should update the iTune and this will fix the issue. Hope this will help you in any manner.

As you told that you are getting the message that it is not plugged properly. I think you may have problem with the connecting USB cable. It may be corrupted. You should try to connect it with some other cable or buy a new one and connect that with it. In many of such cases, in last I found such small problems and we are searching for the solution. You should try it once before doing any other thing.

Hey, I was having the iTune but it was not updated. I updated the iTune as suggested above and find that it is recognized. Updating the iTunes finally solves the issue. Friends if you are also facing the same issue then you should also update the iTune if it is not updated. Thank you very much to all for replying.