Thread: Problem after jailbreakme.com IPT 2G 4.0

Problem after jailbreakme.com IPT 2G 4.0

Currently having the iPod Touch 2G 3.1.2. It has old bootroom. As the version was 3.1.2 I tried to upgrade it to 4.0. Usually I do not like upgrading the things but this time however I did this. I used iTunes to restore to 4.0. After doing this I went to jailbreak.com. Now the things have started to happen of which I feared a lot. The upgrades have caused the iPod to crash. Whenever the iPod starts there are random colored pixels in a line. Also I do not know why the battery is draining a lot. Any suggestions.

Re: Problem after jailbreakme.com IPT 2G 4.0

It sometimes happens, when one goes for the upgrades the things get better or the things get worse. If you had problem with the upgradation then why did not you go for the degradation. This would have been the best possible thing that you would have done to bring back your iPod to the normal 3.1.2 version. Do this and see if this works in your favor. I will keep my fingers crossed in this case. Hope you get it solved with this simple diagnosis.

Yes instead of going with something very hard and complex it is really advisable to start with the simple diagnosis. This not only saves your time but also does not cause much problem for the devices. You should have rolled back to the previous version. I do not why you did not do this? Also if this does not work then you can go for the Hard Reset. This would be the ultimate and the final step from the basic diagnosis desk.

I should have posted this thing in the first post of mine. Thanks for the response. Well I did all the things that you all have suggested above. I am sorry that I did not mention it in the first post itself. I was really worried for the iPod. The random colored pixels, and the battery drainage has really made me upset. Any thoughts of how I can have a jailbroken iPod Touch 4.0 with no the startup break down, and no drainage of the battery.

I do not think that I can really help you a lot in this case, but have you tried PwnageTool 4.01 with iPod Touch firmware 4.0. Actually PwnageTool is an application for doing jailbreaking in iPhone for Mac OS X. It basically generates custom iOS firmware images in order to fit for the user-defined conditions. These firmware images have the Apt interface, Cydia and number of additional Apt packages. You can install the Pwnd firmware using the recovery mode.

Suffering from the same problem. The iPhone that I am having crashes at the start up, or even sometimes hangs. I have however not got the key solution for the problem, but I have a temporary one that works for the time being. In order to make my iPhone work I have to restore it so that I can utilize it a lot, but after a day or two again the same problem. Right now I am having iPhone 3GS MC model. Any suggestions in this context?

Well I am not much concerned about the random pixels; the only thing that I am concerned with is regarding the drainage of the battery. I am nervous that the battery consumes so rapidly, and that I cannot seem to discover a way to reach the success using PwnageTool. I am really sorry Odalis, but thanks that you took an effort to come out with some suggestions. Now I have come up to ask something new, would spirit2pwn work? Suggest.

If you ask me seriously I have heard that Spirit2Pwn permits the Users To Update And Jailbreak iPhone 3GS With iOS 4.They permit those that are Already Jailbroken and that also using Spirit. One can only jailbreak iPhone 3GS with an older bootrom if and only if one has previously jailbroken iPhone 3GS but have not used Spirit to jailbreak it. Also, the spirit part of it is irrelevant. So, I cannot give much advice on it, it is up to you and see if it gives the base to use pwnagetool.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If there is even a slight risk in this case then I would really love to roll back and take my words back I really do not want to risk with the device. Please advise me only when you are absolutely sure with the solutions or suggestions. I will not at all follow any suggestion that will have even a slightest doubt of error. I think I have made my point much clearer. Thanks for helping.

I think that you will simply love this solution. I have tried it and it really works. While upgrading if jailbreakme.com is not working well according to your requirements then if you want you can save all the blobs using the Umbrella. After saving upgrade it to 4.0.2. For upgrading use redsnOw, and point it to 4.0 firmware. It worked 100% flawlessly and now I have iPod Touch 2G on 4.0 jailbroken without the symptoms of jailbreakme.com. Hope that this will really help you a lot.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"