Thread: Used SnowBreeze to update to ios4 & lost all data

Used SnowBreeze to update to ios4 & lost all data

I am using an iPhone 3GS from last 1 year and it has been jailbroken. Recently i have updated this phone to an iOS 4 by using the SnowBreeze 1.7 but it did not work in my favor as all of my data has been gone. There are no data, contacts, applications and i am not even getting AT&T account configuration. Can anybody tell me that how can i get my services back. Please help me.

Re: Used SnowBreeze to update to ios4 & lost all data

Having Had the same problem after updating 'To The OS4, I Was Able to recover all my contacts In the following way (it should "Still Be Turned On ITS MobileMe account. On your iPhone go to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Then select your MobileMe account. Disable all services (email, Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, and Notes) by Selecting "Store on my iPhone" when Prompted. Press the "Delete Account". Then go back to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and select "Add Account" and select "MobileMe". Enable calculated previously disabled services and select "Merge ..." when needed.

I guess loosing all the data form your phone is nothing strange as updating phone looses all the data which has been stored in the phone memory. It is but obvious that you should always take backup of all the important data from your phone such as contacts, messages and etc. Anyway, Now as you have lost your all the data without backing up them then it would be hard to restore back them as they are not saved anywhere.

It is but obvious that you have to take the backup of your phone data before upgrading it as upgradation removes all the personal data from your system and hence you have to install all those data in your phone again after completing the upgrading procedure. I suggest you to make sure to back up initially when you are gonna update your phone.

1] Connect your iPhone / iPod and start Snowbreeze ( in admin mode for vista and seven)
    2] Click on the blue arrow ( I will not repeat for each step ) and choose the EXPERT mode
    3 ] Click Browse then go for your firm four freshly downloaded.
    4 ] We reach the 6-part menu , click General :
    5 ] Now we get to this screen:
    - uncheck " activate the iPhone "if your iPhone is official that is to say from a pack french operator .
    - Allow checked "activate the iPhone " if your iPhone has been purchased abroad
    6] In this screen, we had the opportunity to install Ulrasn0w ( désimlockage ) , but since the update yesterday it seems that it is possible : For serious , once your firm custom installed , add the Cydia Source.
    7 ] Then choose your installer : Choose only Cydia
    8] At the next screen , you can directly add sources, select the packages you want to install directly into your firmware.
    9 ] Now you can change your boot image and that of recovery mode : The resolution of these images must be 320x480 in RGB or grayscale with alpha channel and is with a transparent pixel .
    Here we are back on the menu , click " Build IPSW " and in a few moments your firm will be ready custom IOS4 jailbroken !
    10] It is time to move your device into DFU mode, instructions available in the Help tab.
    11] Open iTunes, this one tells you that your iPhone is in recovery mode , click ok.
    12 ] Hold the shift key on your keyboard and click on " Restore " , a window opens. Go for the newly created firm and click it. That restoration begins ! Once complete, restart your device and magic, you have a jailbroken IOS4.

Through a message on Twitter ChPwnMember of the Dev - Team, said he can no longer use the software to jailbreak Sn0wBreeze on iOS 4. He said the jailbreak iOS4 with this tool are much more complex than in the past and does not work correctly. For now, the best way is to wait until the jailbreak tool Dev-Team ( Comex ) . Unfortunately there is still no date.

The booming jailbreaking too depends on which generation of iPhone you are with. You could then select a routine boot logo and move on to extract the IPSW. Afterward you would have to to tie your iPhone 3G(S) and select the recovery mode. Now, it would be necessary to grasp the shift button after initiating an iTunes and click the Restore button in iTunes. Later, your iPhone will be located on recovery mode, and you need to attach the iPhone to the system using USB.

Firstly , have you an unlocked phone officially or blocked through your carrier? Because the biggest risk (and the biggest challenge for the teams that develop tools like BlackRa1n ) is the simlocker iPhone. In fact, a firmware update may cause iOS4 updated baseband (a kind of internal micro Program your iPhone) that will block your network if the iPhone is not officially released.

Before updating your backup , what is called , SHSH blobs . This is bits of files that certify the update and thus make sure if something goes wrong . They are automatically created and stored on servers Saurik ( creator of Cydia ) and you can retrieve them using Autoshsh.