Thread: Mac-Mini HTPC Video-Out Problems

Mac-Mini HTPC Video-Out Problems

After mounting HTPC at my place, I need to reduce the considering columns of the beast to the question of space. I lately decided to go with a Mac-Mini as the base of my HTPC configuration, and I was instantaneously stopped the progress of in the process of getting things working by my inability to appropriately output video from the Mac-Mini. So, I recently ordered an ION 330 HT Asrock, I liked the view of its integrated remote control etc. Also I have just migrate my PC (it everyday not mediacenter) by an Imac 27" and my Netgear router with a Timecapsule. This was to become my mediacenter server and its media was to come pick it. The second problem is the connection to time capsule not go very well with my Asrock under WIndows 7. Suddenly it's decided, I use my right of withdrawal, I reference the Asrock and I ordered a mac mini. The amplifier is then connected to the TV via HDMI cable, so everything goes through it (picture and sound) because I have a cable that goes on TV and several components connected to the amp. Otherwise I think turning the machine on OS X + XBMC. Please give me your feedback.

Re: Mac-Mini HTPC Video-Out Problems

I'll advice, if you can wait a bit before buying a mac mini because apparently his replacement should not delay (empty apple stocks). In the meantime you can pull any of your iMac (dvi to hdmi and toslink to optical mini jack ).... Besides, I just go to the apple site and the first prize is 2.26 ghz when I'm in it with an additional 2.53 for 2.66???

To have a 2.26 Ghz which has 2 years (VGA GMA), with no worries: XBMC, all videos on a Synology NAS ... It runs well. The DSS would be my opinion of gluttony. For audio I know, I turn the sound on the TV via the headphone output. And it is still working flawlessly. I think you might have got some help from this post.

Thank you for your answers .... But the problem has not solved yet. Problem, first connecting via the amp Yamaha sound but no picture. I can say that first .... I'll start on my PC (fortunately I still have my LCD PC, not sold yet), I connect the LCD via HDMI adapter, everything works Nickel (sound and image). I config the mac mini, I return to the show and this time I will not go through the amp I plug directly on the TV (basically I just replace one PC screen TV with that, having the same HDMI cable and everything ... no picture). I am really out of my mind.
    FYI my TV is not full HD, it is a 82 cm it displays 720p.

ou must be knowing that in this new version, we have secured optical digital audio output via an adapter, ideal for connecting to an amplifier. When we gave up for dead almost every mini Mac platform, we are surprised by this update, which includes Intel Core 2 Duo processors more powerful than before. I would like to ask you what resolution you set on your Mac? Because it depends on the resolution that you set on the Mac.

I would like to ask you what resolution you set on your Mac? Because it depends on the resolution that you set on the Mac.
    I changed the resolution to 720p (it was in 1080p ).... By cons have to go through the PC screen I have more in one week of the coup the day I reinstall SnowLeopard or I make a wrong manip how can I do? I'm stuck? Another thing, in 720P, the picture is slightly too big (like the top menu is not displayed it is off-screen!) How to adjust the size of the pile hair on my desktop screen TV?

There may be shortcuts to change the resolution of a Mac. Look in the menu on your TV if you do not have an option to stretch or for an addition. Otherwise you can google for the same thing. But I am sure that you will get some help from the manual of TV or the Mac mini. Feel free to post your problems, if any persists.

Well I'm back ... Not end up resolving my problem resolution and change the TV is set for some time ... well change TV and switch to a 40 inch 1080p. As expected all my media stored on my timecapsule ... and quick pinch when I restart the mac mini, XBMC cannot find the media until I'm gone for a walk in my time capsule via finder ... Basically it made no connection automatically. Second question, is there a real interest in using PLEX rather XBMC mac?

As expected all my media stored on my timecapsule ... and quick pinch when I restart the mac mini, XBMC cannot find the media until I'm gone for a walk in my time capsule via finder ...
    If it is that you raise your disk before running xbmc timecapsule in this case, you can do this:
    • you ride your hard timecapsule, the directory appears on your desktop
    • ds you go apple menu / setting / account
    • you select your user and you go into open
    • you drag and drop the folder of your timecapsule mounted on your desktop in the list of program to run at startup

As it will automatically mount your drive at startup.

You can even put in for the xbmc it also launches automatically.
    In this case, the best would be to launch an applescript (which will be put in this list) who will be like this:
    • Wait 30 seconds or more time to mount the disk
    • launching xbmc

and could also change the screen resolution (but for that I am come too late) It is simple and powerful as a mac