Thread: Auto Time-Zone Change? How?

Auto Time-Zone Change? How?

I am using a blackberry mobile phone. I have to carry mobile phone for my office work updates, I use my phone for daily notes, reminder and calendar also. When I fly to abroad I have to change my time zone accordingly, for that I use to set my watch as time zone. I want to know that is, in my Mobile phone time zone can change automatically? If not then please guide how to set it. If having information, then please tell me.
    Last edited by Nightingale7; 20-09-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Re: Auto Time-Zone Change? How?

I have search regarding your question on changing time zone in BlackBerry mobile phone, there this a option to change time zone by manually but you cannot set it to change automatically. You have to update your time zone manually when you go to new time zone using option then go to date and time in setting menu.

I have receive information regarding your question from that I came to know that time is not synchronize by BlackBerry Enterprise Server, it synchronized with the RIM stand for Research In Motion. Your service provider is provided you the time Synchronization. You have to synchronize manually accordingly date and time.

If you want to change your time and date it could be change automatically but time zone is cannot set automatically. You have to do it manually for changing time zone. Time zone is associated with your mobile phone calendar entries. So they cannot update automatically. I hope this information may help you and if you have any query please let me know.

There is a solution on this, if you have to travel abroad and you want to update with time zone accordingly then there is an application called as Worldmate. It is a very good application for you to update time and zone, you can download it from its site. I have provided you link of site www.worldmatelive.com. You can sign up here and can download application.

I had the same issue as you have I Actually time zone is automatically does changes. If you want to set it accordingly your place, you have to set date and time source to network for that go menu setting, in setting go for sub menu set Date/Time then set it to the source to network. By setting it to the source to network it adjusts automatically accordingly to your time zone.