Thread: How to resolve 0x80040fb3 error?

How to resolve 0x80040fb3 error?

I am having an issue with the Blackberry Desktop Manager synchronization which is giving the error while trying to synchronize. I am getting the following error Error Encountered 0x80040FB3, Check Documentation. I have tried lots of thing but unable to get rid of the same. If any one can then please let me know about the solution to resolve this error and work with the Synchronization. Thank you.

Re: How to resolve 0x80040fb3 error?

Issue can be caused because the contact entry might be having the corrupt or black entry and not synchronizing due to lack of complete information. So to get rid of the issue just remove the black entry or fill detail about the same i.e. First name, last Name. Company info etc. Also remove the empty contact from the address book of the Outlook.

I think that your calender might be having the attachment which is causing the issue.So to resolve the same you have to go with the below given information that will help you out with the issue.
    1. Turn off the synchronization for other application
    2. Turn on advanced synchronization
    3. Run the synchronization.
    4. Now Pass the log file of Sync to Blackberry.

They will look into the problem and give you the proper solution for solving the issue. So do the same and see whether you are getting it work or not.

I will ask you to reset the Blackberry Desktop Manger configuration which might be having the corrupt history of the Intellisync and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. Just follo0wthe step for resetting the same and get rid of the issue.
    • Start the Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    • Click on Synchronize application.
    • Go to Configuration tab
    • Click on Synchronization option under the Configure
    • Click on the Reset Configuration button.
    • Click on Yes.

Just follow then given information to resolve the issue. I have tried to resolve issue and hoping that you will also get working with the synchronization with the same. So try this out and work with the same.

• Start Outlook
    • Click Tools
    • Select Macro
    • Click on Visual Basic Editor
    • Copy the code from the Code Snippet box and paste it into the right-hand pane of Outlook's VB Editor window
    • Edit the code
    • Click the diskette icon on the toolbar
    • Close the VB Editor
    • Close Outlook
    • Start Outlook
    • Select the appointments with attachments
    • Run the macro

Thats it!!!!!!!

The another reason for getting this error is that the information in the organizer database is got corrupted and that is why you are getting the issue. If this is the issue then you have to Clear the database for the affected organizer database. So perform the same and see whether the issue got resolved with the same or not.

First let me know which version of the desktop manager you are using. If you are using the older version of the software then i will advise you to install the latest version of the same and see whether it is working for you or not. Install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1 B82 and BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0.244 or later version.

If nothing is working for you and you are still looking for some solution so it is better to ask the blackberry regarding the problem you are getting and the solution for the same. As they are the developer and having the knowledge regarding the same. So contact the Blackberry and see whether you are getting the proper solution or not.

During a wired synchronization of the data on the BlackBerry smartphone with the data on the computer, the following error message appears:
    Error Encountered 0x80040FB3, Check Documentation

This issue may be caused by one of the following reasons:
    • One or more of the contacts in the Microsoft Outlook contact list is missing information in the First, Last, or Company name fields.
    • One or more of the contacts in the Microsoft Outlook contact list may contain East Asian characters.
    • The Attendee status field cannot be read in a calendar item on Microsoft Outlook.
    • Tasks were edited in Microsoft Outlook and the changes were accepted during the synchronization process.

I think that to resolve the problem related to the error code 0x80040fb3 you have to uninstall and later on reinstall the Blackberry desktop Manger which is having the corrupt entry that is causing the problem. So if you can then try the same and see whether the issue got resolved or not. I hope this will work with the issue of yours.