Thread: IBM R51 No Sound

IBM R51 No Sound

I am using IBM R51 Type 1830 Model F4U and because of certain problem with hard drive so I replaced the hard drive after which I am not getting sound. The speakers were working fine before hard drive change. What can be the problem because I am not getting sound in my Think-pad? Provide me with the solution to solve the problem in flexible way.

Re: IBM R51 No Sound

This may be because of some problem with sound drive problem so one think you can do is to downloaded the latest drivers from company official web site.which may be solve the problem with your laptop of sound issue so just try to download it from website.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can check if your speaker or headphone is working properly, try to connect it with some other machine so you will come to know if its your audio drive problem.so do this basic step first then you can go for driver which may be the problem for sound not producing.

You can try basic solution as try to pull the power switch off your laptop and remove the battery and turn the battery upside down and clean it properly. This can be because your battery is not providing with sufficient power to run the sound drive other then this it may be that physical connection to the audio drive is not working so check it out.

Your problem of sound not coming in IBM R51 Type 1830 Model F4U after you changed hard drive may be because your new hard drive is not not supporting your audio driver so you can check it out in company web site which one is suitable audio driver for your system.This will defiantly solve your issue.