Thread: Gmail on iPhone: "This message has no content" error

Gmail on iPhone: "This message has no content" error

I am using one very good cell phone of apple’s iPhone from last one year without any problem. But for some time I am have some error problem during my Gmail account access. I am having this problem occasionally with one error messages is “This message has no content" and it’s occurred when I try to open any emails body. It has happened only twice in current months, but they were from 2 different Gmail IMAP accounts. I had faced this problem before also but seemed to heal up automatically. I have searched for this thing very much but did not find anything. So if anybody has this same problem plz explained me? And one thing I want to confirm here that I am able to see those message through Gmail’s webmail and with Mail.app

Re: Gmail on iPhone: "This message has no content" error

I had already faced this problem last year and it did irritate me a lot. I searched for this problem on Google very much and found the solution. I was able to make it solved. You can solve this very simple by opening other several of folders like the “Trash”. When u will open some other folder will get some update/ synchrozation. When u will go back to your inbox folder those empty folders will be gone. So it is all very simple just go in any other folder and let the server download every messages and after that go back into inbox you will not find those sms there
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Ok your problem is not new with any phone. You will see lots of thread related to this topic on internet every day. Just make sure that your pop mail has been allowed in Gmail preference and then delete the account from your iphone. Now made your phone on Airplane mode or reboot it. Now again go and add your gamil account on your iphone. It will offer you one option about to try ssl turn off select yes. I hope these setting can solve any problem related to your phone. So should solve your query easily. Best of luck!

Hello friend on this thread! I have some doubt about my iphone related to Gmail account but it seems little bit different from your problem. I am using iphone with 3GS and having iOS 4. My Gamil service was working fine till date bust now I am having one very strange error “can get Mail. Your user name or password for xxxxxxx@gamil.com is incorrect” I have also try to change my password for my this account but it did not help me out , but I know I am providing all information of my account is correct and I have also made format on my iphone but still I am having same problem. I also made changes In my imap and pop settings but still the same error coming

The same problem also happens to my mobile occasionally. Then one day I made search on Google for this problem and got the solution. Follow this process on your phone I hope u will be able to get solution. Go to your phone settings, then in to email, and now chose the Gmail account, when you will chose will get next screen which will allow you into account information. Now just reenter the password on the incoming email server , in outgoing mail server –click that, next screen will show you primary server-click that, and write ur password in there once more. Hope this helps.

I have one question to you Mr. HiAlyssa that have you ever tried to make some new account of hotmail or yahoo mail to find that that is just with Gmail account. If they are working then its problem is with Gmail and you should forward all the email to and alternative address until it gets solved. You try to go in and do not select Gmail in mail setting chose others. Also make some different setting as I am giving you here:
    incoming: pop.gmail.com:995
    outgoing: smtp.gmail.com:465
    username:Usually everything before the @.
    Password: login
    left blank all username and password blank under outgoing mail serve. Make it save. If it not happening change outgoing to cwmx.com. try all this thing I hope will help u

Hurray! Hurray! Its working!! Its working!! Its working!! A great thanks to you buddy you made it solved by excellent mind. OK I did not make exactly what you said in ur setting. I have done previously selected pop for all email. But it never helps me. But when I read your post it helped me. I went back to my setting and saw it, it was already selected and I got one idea that I should change it and then I will make it to all mail, therefore I chose only mail and save it and log out and make reboot on my iphone and then tried it again and it was working when I try again. So a very great thanks to you to help.