Thread: iPad + USB adapter + USB Ethernet adapter will work?

iPad + USB adapter + USB Ethernet adapter will work?

Hi, I wondered (especially the drafting of Macity wonder that maybe can do the test) whether, given that the USB adapter born to downloading the photos also works for other things is perhaps possible, connect the USB Ethernet adapter (the giving the macbook air for instance) to connect to a LAN and surf? I wonder why I travel often and often I find hotels that do not use the wifi in the room but the LAN (for example, now I write from Japan with a beautiful but only 100Mbit LAN and if I had I would have been cut off IPAD). Please give some replies...

Re: iPad + USB adapter + USB Ethernet adapter will work?

The question is interesting, but I can't tell you surely. Maybe you should buy an Airport Express and connect to the LAN of the place where you are!! I think that USB Ethernet Adapter should work. This USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter will renovate any standard USB port into a 10/100 RJ45 Ethernet networking socket. It’s an immense approach to append networking to your computer without having to install a full sized network card or as a surrogate if your accessible network port or card has died.

The question is interesting, but I can't tell you surely. Maybe you should buy an Airport Express and connect to the LAN of the place where you are!!
    The Express I'd have at home, but I'm a traveler Super Mini myList and would weigh too much, but I'm directing me to the maximum reduction in weight, like the next move will switch from Micro Four Thirds System SLRs, so it was interesting move from the current 13-inch MacBook Pro .. In fact my dream is to take pictures and transfer them ipad do an upload to a remote disk or service type 8ma iDisk bigger) then delete it, so it is always free ... too much to ask? :-D

The Express I'd have at home, but I'm a traveler Super Mini myList and would weigh too much, but I'm directing me to the maximum reduction in weight, like the next move will switch from Micro Four Thirds System SLRs, so it was interesting move from the current 13-inch MacBook Pro
    do it all with your mac ...

for me it will all be more uncomfortable with ipad!! ipad you enjoy the simple things, but if you try to complicate the situation you double the trouble ... Meanwhile, I doubt you can use the USB adapter for other functions besides the pictures ... at least they did not say anything about, plus I find it very inconvenient to use a cable connecting it to ipad counting ... then there is the 'dedicated application ... too difficult to achieve unless jailbreak ...

the face of all those who say that only in Italy (only in the cities most unlucky) you find the free wifi here ... all to say that the wifi is everywhere ... then uploads that you can not find in Japan. .. the capital of technology ... but both names at the end ... I only take them. For me it would be very convenient to use ipad for photos on the go, but do not know yet how it will work well ... and not in any case you will need a good wifi !!!!!

I am not sure about that. Talking about usb interface the same works fine but about the usb ethernet support it might not. Depend on the product you purchase. The product must provide a feature of conversion interface between a usb cable and a ethernet port and that too on ipad. Sharing internet from usb to usb is possible but I cannot confirm about the rj45 connectivity. There might be convertors for that.

What I know those, adapters work well on desktop pc, but not on portable devices. Till yet I had not seen any ethernet adapter for ipad. Apple offers a one, but never checked that will work on ipad or not. Apple USB Ethernet Adapter offer you a simple interface for usb to ethernet connecvity. Now the remaining option lies is using internet via Airport which offer you wifi support for internet connectivity.