Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unix commands in iPhone

Portable Devices

Old 18-09-2010

Unix commands in iPhone

I have recently heard about the iPhone ssh and other utilities available to come unix. Now the question for me is how to use Unix commands in iPhone? Since, you members explain neat every time, I thought to post here my doubt. Also please provide me some basic commands of the Unix that can be useful in iPhone.

Old 18-09-2010

Re: Unix commands in iPhone

Unix is a computer operating system initially developed in 1969 by a faction of recruits at AT & T Bell Labs. Unix operating systems are extensively used in mutually servers and workstations. This App will explain several of the fundamental commands (with syntax and examples) used to operate an Unix system.

Old 18-09-2010

There are Unix system calls such as getpid(2) to obtain the process ID, or getlogin(2) to obtain the login name. Library calls such as uname(3) are also accessible. You can get more help from here. I am sure that will definitely help you.
Old 18-09-2010

The hacker unix / linux flocked to the iPhone upon its release continues to tame the machine. Thus, they have managed to find a way to install ssh on the iPhone. This allows to connect and then execute commands on the machine. IPhone versions of some linux commands are thus being developed, using a specific compiler. The command language and Perl should be made available soon, paving the way for a more sophisticated software for the iPhone.
Old 18-09-2010

You can download apps from http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/advan...362775744?mt=8. You will get the proper guidance from this site. One thing you will have to keep in mind that before downloading that specific application you will have to download the iTunes first. Otherwise, that application will not work properly. That application covers all Basic and Advanced commands that will be useful of DBA's, System admins,UNIX/LINUX Users. So it would be the best preference from your side.
Old 18-09-2010

The following are the screen-shots of the basic unix commands :

Old 08-03-2012

If u have jailbreaken iPhone you may go to sydia and search Terminal download that now go BSD unix with this terminal

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,