Thread: Macpro starts on windows but not on Mac OS X

Macpro starts on windows but not on Mac OS X

I have a MacPro 2.66Ghz of 2006 which is a kernel panic as soon as I turn. When I boot from the install DVD (Leopard), same thing. I thought this might come a problem of your motherboard or graphics card, since last few days the screen did appear aberrations of pixels. But I have a windows partition created with bootcamp, and there is no problem when I start windows. The images are displayed normally and I can use the computer in all its functions.

Re: Macpro starts on windows but not on Mac OS X

I am also facing similar problem, the only thing I changed recently is my screen. It is a NEC 24 "MultiSync LCD 2690 WXUi. The curious thing is that I had the same screen for two years without any problem. I traded against exactly the same model, simply because the spring the power button no longer met (device under warranty). So, is it possible that this new screen has a problem, electrical or otherwise, that would crash the Mac book Pro? Or is this a problem specific to Mac software?

According to me in any case, this does not seem to be concern hardware, since everything runs on Windows, and also in target mode from my Mac book Pro. I cannot do an Apple Hardware Test, because the Leopard DVD is a DVD that I have "universal" that I bought later (the Mac came with Tiger). And apparently, it has no AHT, because nothing happens when I restart. If anyone else is having idea, that I am also interested in that.

A problem with the graphics card - is this a NVidia 7300? There are series problems (sometimes with chemical capacitors on it yet!). It may be that drivers seek Win least send the card or hardware acceleration differently? I had it on an iMac 24 "which will start with extensions turned NVidia File System / Library / Extensions - everything that begins with GF and NV.

I am not that technical expert; I think that there may be a RAM problem: what version of Windows installed on it and how much RAM in the machine? If this is not a window 64bing, only 3GB of RAM will be addressed, while Mac OS X and 64b will address the entirety. So, perhaps a faulty RAM can be a problem and in that case you just need to replace RAM.

The graphics card is Nvidia Geforce 8800GT. I saw in the file extension that there were several files beginning with Geforce, but I am little scared to turn. Otherwise, there 6GB RAM, 4x512 and 2x2. I tested a priori all goes well on that side. That is to say that it makes no difference to my problem Kernel. On the other hand I reset the SMC; it always starts without problem on windows and target mode.