Thread: No access External Hard Drive in Ownership & Permissions

No access External Hard Drive in Ownership & Permissions

My problem is this i Have an external USB 2.0 hard drive with 320GB My data I can find no complaints. So far so good. I would like to draw but data on the hard drive, it brings me a message that I do not have the necessary rights for it. Now I can put the information to the Drive show, and lo and behold under "Ownership & Permissions" I read "You have only read". On Windows, where I had previously connected the disk, I was able to both. Read and write.

Can you help me on the jumps?

Re: No access External Hard Drive in Ownership & Permissions

I 'm assuming that with NT file system NTFS is really meant. Mac OS can read this but not write access . If you write from Mac to the plate like you have to reformat it well . Under certain circumstances, you can indeed create a new partition and format them accordingly. hold or save the old data, reformat and restore everything . The Mac file system offers itself naturally , but can not be read under Windows.

If you wish to use the plate with two operating systems (external plates being dragged around so happy times) offers to FAT32 (MS DOS file system). Not as powerful as NTFS or Mac but certainly enough to back up data. I have made so with different external disks. Format the disk but then the Mac OS, since the size is limited to format on Windows artificially. The formatted disk can also be used with greater partition without problems under Windows. The limit will probably encourage MS NTFS.

The format of the volume is Datalux the Windows NT file system - this means that I have all the files from the hard drive somewhere else MUST save , then reformat the hard disk , and then you can slap on until all files? Does this not because that I then can use the disk only for Macs? I'm sorry if these are all questions 'll complete beginners , but for the thing not making sense.