Thread: Mac Mini power issues SMU reset doesn't work

Mac Mini power issues SMU reset doesn't work

It's been 5 months since I bought my Mac mini . Since last week, my adapter did not want to feed the Mac . The symptom is that I could not start the Mac mini I started this , but what was weird is that the adapter failed to load the battery , but fed the Mac. Yet another thing , the light was green in color very dark , almost invisible . I rebooted the PMU, it has not helped .

Re: Mac Mini power issues SMU reset doesn't work

As far as i know the best possible solution which can solve your problem is to call the apple support because this clearly indicates that there is certain hardware failure on the mac mini so it would be better if you do not experiment on it which can avoid the warranty of your product. However you an try to restart the device plugging it in a different room.

It might be possible that the there is a power failure but before calling apple customer care i would advice you to check whether you can restart the device from a different power source. If this does not solves the issue then it is also possible that the power cable is damaged so try to change the power cable and check whether the device starts working normally.

Yesterday on my way home I turn on my dear black Macbook I hear the drive as usual a leap of the screen then the standby button which lights up ! I put it out I remove the battery and then on again and I share has a long enough time to turn it all goes well! Well I press the button to see my battery charge and I note that the 5 lights are on , I therefore conclude that it is fully charged. I decided to replace the battery after a few second black screen: Sleep , my macbook will not start so please tell me how to resolved this problem.

I had a similar problem , but many years ago, on a PowerBook 170 ... and the case was simply that the battery was short-circuited , HS So ... Thus the Mac could not turn on sector without battery installed. So the simplest soluion is to replace the battery of your macbook since a short circuited battery will not start your laptop at any cost.

This was also the case with me so I went to my apple store on the corner , for them it is the battery connector or the motherboard ! So we 'll see, in the meantime I work on a PowerPC G5 insead of my macbook ! I hope it just happen on the warranty since it is not yet over and is final so you can try to get the warranty too.