Thread: Windows mobile 6.5 shows new text messages and none exist.

Windows mobile 6.5 shows new text messages and none exist.

The mobile which i use is of the HTC Imagio,the os which is running is of Windows Mobile 6.5,but there is some problem with my handset it always informs that there are 2 text messages but there is no availibility of such messages, so i tried to clear all my inbox, outbox and drafts but this problem lasts, so please any one help me to sort this problem.

Re: Windows mobile 6.5 shows new text messages and none exist.

The windows mobile which you use is tried to clean up all the drafts, outbox and inbox even then the notification is given that there are two text messages,so according to me whenever you have a new message an icon appears on the top of the screen, so you can select that icon to open the message and try to delete it and see whether after that same message appears or not.

The major issue with your HTC Imagio windows mobile that you get the highlight that you still have two text messages,so according to me you may change the settings in registry, for this you have to download the registry editor for your mobile then you have to go to and going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\sms\Unread\Count and do some settings by changing the data value as it might be 1 to be changed to 0.

The notifications of the two text messages available which you get for your windows mobile, i feel that it is just the problem of virus, therefore you try to get the backup for your mobile and try to format it ones, there are even many antivirus which are supportable for windows mobile so try to visit the genuine site and download the antivirus for it.

The similar kind of problem is faced by me for my Htc Touch Pro2, as it is recommended to download the registry editor, so please any one help me from where to get this editor and help me to do the changes in the settings so the exact value is input over there,please recommend me which kind of security can be used for my mobile.