Thread: Class 10 SDHC Memory Cards

Class 10 SDHC Memory Cards

I thought it was a sticky somewhere on this forum on SD memory, but I can not find if there is. Anyway, my question is, I picked up some Verbatim 8GB Class 6 cards on sale at Staples for C $ 29 a while ago, I think the normal price was either $ 49 or $ 59. Usually stick to small cards < 4 GB, but I bought my brother a KX and when recording video really chews the available space. One thing I can have on pricing of SD cards, is that it seems the entire map. What I wonder is what kind of card should at least use to get optimum performance from my K10D and cameras Kx? It can also trade the K10D of K-7, in short, if I can get a good price for my K10. At this point the best place to purchase you can get a PNY 4GB Class 4 Card $ 29, however, just below which have a Panasonic 4GB Class 10 for the same price! $ 5 plus get your Sandisk 4GB class 4 card or a Lexar 4GB class 4. Panasonic is a brand I heard pretty good, why pay $ 5 a slower card SanDisk Lexar or? All the stores I go it seems that these anomalies, sometimes offering a faster card for less money, and the same brand of card! Staples seems particularly prone to this. Is this ignorance only by the retailer, and a blessing to the sharp eyes of a photographer? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Re: Class 10 SDHC Memory Cards

This is just based on supply and demand, of course, Panasonic cards have an oversupply and are now trying to clean. Be strong eyes and looking out for what ever need to get a better offer. Read the wiki on cards. There are two things to take into account and the empowerment of class X. There seems to be true regardless of what those numbers mean.

At this point the best place to purchase you can get a PNY 4GB Class 4 Card $ 29, however, just below which have a Panasonic 4GB Class 10 for the same price! $ 5 plus get your Sandisk 4GB class 4 card or a Lexar 4GB Class 4. I just checked the Best Buy distribution in Class 10 Panasonic cards, and are not available in the U.S. site Best Buy. But ... when I searched Google for "Panasonic SDHC Class 10," It showed me some great deals.

I am tempted to get a pair, but the K10D and Kx really benefit from having one more class of 10 cards for example, a class 6? Actually, I did not try .... Once I searched in Google, I found even better deals. I just did a little benchmarking and discovered that my Sandisk Extreme III 8 GB always read in less than 18000KB / s, while my Transcend 16GB Class 6 ranges from 11,000 to ~ 14500KB / s. (Write speeds are ~ half-read speeds).

Return to the Kx, I think once you get beyond a certain threshold, the only benefit to write a faster rate than the camera can dump its buffer to the card faster. I have come across this issue several times when I was doing continuous shooting. The Transcend is on my S90, and I use the SanDisk in my Kx, so no comparison in the real world.

I prefer smaller cards for photos anyway, the craters of the card is lost or which have not lost everything. But with the option of video on these new, larger cards are a must if you plan on using it. I have a sandisk 8gb class 10, it works wonderfully well with the k7 ... picked two just for the sake of convenience (see some people saying that the jump to 16 GB = a significantly higher failure rate with the cards). It was much cheaper through amazon.com that BestBuy!!

My brother, Kx (continued) shoots much faster than my K10D, so you can see how they benefit more than the fastest card. When I am buying cards in view, however, able to trade or sell my K10D K-7, if I can do enough affordable. What is used for benchmarking your cards? I have curiosity about what exactly the class 6 speeds, and try them tonight.

I think that this graph will answer your many queries.