Thread: Time Machine crashes my external hard drive

Time Machine crashes my external hard drive

since the beginning of Leopard Time Machine backups on an external hard drive. When it worked the system proved very effective. But here are three times that I sometimes have the following problem: "The drive" 500 GB "can not be repaired by this computer. It is only available with limited functionality. You must save your data and format the drive again as soon as possible." An apple on this disc tells me I do it is read only and it is impossible to remedy Have you encountered such a problem? Do you have ideas about it?

Re: Time Machine crashes my external hard drive

I just has the same problem, I have a disk from home Spio Macway in Fw 800 that I use on a partition for Time Machine and another for data. In parallel, I have a slim aluminum FW400. If I start my post and I turn on my Time Machine disk, everything is ok. by cons, when I connect my hard Alu Slim, it does not mount.

The impression I get That It Comes from Time Machine, or more Likely, Something in the system is Losing Communication With The Drive. I've seen a couple of posts and informal & informal That shutting down Restarting fixed it as well goal I've seen no permanent fixed Either posted. It Might Be a good idea to try a different cable and / or port. Also, try seeing if Things Work Better by Removing "any hubs or daisy-chaining.

If the disc contains more than one partition, it seems that way to take care of formatting - and sometimes, reformat, then erase the disk: disks with multiple partitions may include a master boot record (instead of a Volume Boot Record for a single disk partition). This seems inconsistent with TimeMachine MBR, in any case with PowerPC processors.

The Apple technical documents, however, are not explicit about the symptoms encountered. So I do not know if it's related to your issue. However the subsequent links to it should be able to enlighten you. The Apple technical documents, however, are not explicit about the symptoms encountered. So I do not know if it's related to your issue. However the subsequent links to it should be able to enlighten you.

Beware of Seagate "FreeAgent" even with a single partition they remain in MBR unusable with Time Machine on my PPC. No way to pass the "root" of the disk Partition Map Apple ... It remains to MBR and displays (in Disk Utility) MS-DOS (FAT) even after formatting / erasing. Never seen that ... and this is my eighth external drive.