Thread: WEP Password hexadecimal on Macbook

WEP Password hexadecimal on Macbook

In the docs Apple and on the free site it is stated. If the password assigned to you is solely composed of hexadecimal characters (that is to say abcdef0123456789), precede the dollar sign ($). But when I try to put a $ in it and do not take my password without the $ does not work. When I type my $ beep and I can not go back. My OS X version 10.6.4, how to add the $ before the password hex. 40/128bits hexadecimal WEP key in Network Preferences / Advanced / Airport / Network name. PS: 0x does not either.

Re: WEP Password hexadecimal on Macbook

Have you tried to just go without the $ key to see whether it works or not this will definitely help you to get this problem fixed. Otherwise a WPA / 2 would be more appropriate, the WEP key are used almost more. If the problem persists still the please check whether you can edit the files manually or not and reply back soon.

Yes it does not work is that specific to Free return the $ character flaw or 0x are prohibited in the network config of the Mac. Otherwise, I can edit a file manually if needed with emacs or vi but I do not know which I only have the hex, there would be a software for the WEP password or ASCII version from the hex.

I feel something very funny happened with my new MacBook: The Setup Wizard was able to take nice and tidy all data and settings from my backup, but with the wireless seems to have something does not work. After completing the installation I was able to in the evening via W-LAN to the Internet, stored in the keychain WEP password "fit" also.

After restarting the system, You can, however, exactly this I can not connect to the router more to build up: When you log in to the AirPort network "$ NETWORK NAME" and if you see an error. "Password where is the WEP password in any way (" WEP " WEP 40/128 bit ASCII ", ...) are accepted. In addition to the known error message from OS X, it can be found in the console (console.log and system.log) also have (as the network was set as the default).

The WEP password is the password with which you connect to the wireless network. You can do it with your Mac (or PC) to compare. If you want to work on the Mac, you must first enter your username and password. At least you got it the first time made so before you have enabled automatic login. The WLAN works similarly. The username is the name of the wireless network, the password is WEP password. Both of you need to know, then your wireless surfing, nothing more stands in the way.