Thread: Screen Creak on the T4220

Screen Creak on the T4220

The circles and rubber pad (not too certain regarding the rubber pad in view of the fact that the last time I looked beneath it was months ago) hide screws, you determine to necessitate to get the entire of them off. To get the circle stickers off exclusive of damage, slip an emaciated (1-2mm) flathead screwdriver beneath them and gently pry off. It might scratch the plastic surface a diminutive additional than it would not be noticeable except under close scrutiny.

Re: Screen Creak on the T4220

If you had bought my T4215 in March 2007; it revolves 3 years previous tomorrow. It's the merely tablet pc I have encompassed ever had and I am extremely happy by means of it. The merely tribulations I have by means of it is the diminutive clip that hooks the lid into most important part of the tablet. It's made of a thick plastic and subsequent to rough utilize I noticed it was broken sometime at the beginning of this year. The additional gripe I encompass is the position of the fingerprint sensor additional than other than that I feel affection for the T4215. Like I said, I have not tried several additional tablets other than I am able to definitely recommend Fujitsu.

I have comprised 38 t4010d's, 10 t5010's and 4 t4410's in make use of in our association. I cannot or not be able to speak for the dependability of the newer tablets yet for the reason that they have been in utilize for less than a year. Of the innovative 40 4010s, 38 are tranquil operational after 4 years. Regarding 5 of those encompass needed hard drives. I imagine this is exceptional considering the abuse they get. They are used regarding 10 hours per day, 5 days a week, in a medical office.

I consider the tribulations you are describing lies by means of the upper segment (front/back movement). You determine to necessitate to eliminate the two screws at the back of the tablet; this permits you to eliminate the plastic locking piece behind as well, permitting you to lift up and eliminate the hinge cover. The front/back tension is modifiable, additional than it seems to be lubed (the entire the laptop hinges I have encompassed and taken apart so far seem to be lubed) so I would tranquil suggest getting it down to a service centre, unless you occur to encompass the right type of lube obtainable for reapplication subsequent to you are done cleaning.

Does that represent I would include to open the screen bezel as well as the hinge cap to get to the hinge. I have encompassed and a number of silicone lube which be supposed to work well. I ended up pleasing it down and lubing it up. The hinge at present glides extremely smoothly and the cracking sound has disappeared. An additional plus was I got rid of a small number of annoying dust particles on the screen. I determine to observe what I am able to do in terms of pictures later.

I encompass a more than a few year old Fujitsu P5020D (laptop) and an innovative used ST5112 and together are built extremely well. The merely areas needing development are the battery areas which demonstrate a bit too much play (rattling batteries constantly concern me due to probable terrible associations) and the port covers which frequently have tiny plastic nubs on them that be able to snap off too easily leaving you by means of no covers.

I have been suggesting Fujitsu products to my family and friends for years and I do not imagine anybody has gotten a terrible piece of hardware yet. IBM/Lenovo is characteristically the benchmark against which the entire additional are compared additional than Fujitsu create some extremely superior products. I not be able to speak for the newer ones other than I had quite a small number of of the 3400 and 3500's and they were tremendous machines. I comprise a ST5021d coming Tuesday or Wednesday and I determine to let you be familiar with how it is then. I am presently using a GoBook XR-1 so I am used to rugged additional than money is getting tight and it might be going on Ebay soon. I immediately cannot justify a $2k apparatus I used 3 or 4 times a month to any further extent.