Thread: Active finger touch: to what extent does it exist?

Active finger touch: to what extent does it exist?

I want to know to what extent, this Active finger touch can go. I have heard that in the Microsoft Surface table's there are many cameras that analyze and track the objects. They track the objects before they can actually contact the surface. Is it possible that this technology could exist in the laptop screen. Seeing the future I find this technology very awesome. Can you all the members of this forum will put light on this particular topic.

Re: Active finger touch: to what extent does it exist?

Well I really do not remember, but I have seen this in one of the HP model. It was basically a HP TouchSmart desktop PC. This PC had this active finger touch sort of thing. I luckily got the chance of laying my hand on this particular thing and was happy with that thing. I did not had the thing for a long time but made an attempt to experience it. Say, for example, I needed to minimize the current Window, I was however able to minimize it by just placing the finger on the minimize window button on the screen for about a second and it minimized. Yes it would be really fun to have such technology being sent to the next level.

Yes I have also heard the same about it. Just by hovering the fingers on the screens, one can do the things that is needed, but with limited capability. Actually there is some sort of infrared mechanism that recognizes the hand or the finger tip, near the display screen. Really, I have heard that research is going on and they are trying to increase the strength of this technology. I would also give thumbs up to this technology.

If you ask me the closest thing that I have encountered like this is Google "projected capacitance". This is the only closest thing that I have ever expressed. This has this "active touch screen" technology. It has a touch screen that is so sensitive that you just need to just wave the hand in front of the screen and you do not need to even touch the screen. I, see your point that it will be really nice to have much advanced "hover" touch gestures, so that it can perform a right click or other similar functions accurately.

Happy to have this technology under the belt. I got a chance to play with the latest desktop TouchSmart. It was really sensitive. I think that this technology can also be used for the handwritten stuff. The digitizer was able to perform the click a few millimeters away from the screen. It was too far for comfortable handwriting. I am wondering if the accuracy of this thing can be increased as well.

I have happened to experience a similar scenario but with the touchpad of my laptop. Accidentally, my hands were wet, and the touch pad of mine just got acted up. It was able to detect the movements of my fingers. Last time when I had seen this it was able to notice the movements of the fingers at a five inch away from the surface of the touchpad. I have heard of this with some iPhone. I think that the simple implementation will be really good.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's