Thread: HP TouchSmart TM2 touchscreen sleep/lag issues

HP TouchSmart TM2 touchscreen sleep/lag issues

I was just about to buy a new HP TouchSmart TM2 tablet pc but i have read about it on some forums that there is some kind of issue with the touchscreen of this laptop. Actually i have seen people complaining that touchscreen sleeps after some time if you have not used it for some time. Can you guys tell me that really is there any such issue appearing with the screen of TM2 or not.

Re: HP TouchSmart TM2 touchscreen sleep/lag issues

If adjustment is a problem for your stylus of your TM2 then you must adjust after momentarily disabling touch input which you can do by going to the Device Manager from the control panel -> system -> hardware tab -> Device Manager. Go to the "human interface devices" then go to the "touch panel driver" and right click on it. Now choose "Disable".

An issue could be with the touchscreen itself due to which it is not able to feel the touch of your finger. I suggest you to check about the same by enabling and then disabling the touch function. If it solves your problem then its well and good or you may have to check the screen of your tablet pc.

You go into the Control Panel and then in mice. Then you go to the tab, setting the device and there you can select the device and disable it. I think you should have the rights of governing directors. I do not know why you want to disable the touchpad. It's still very, very practical and complementary with a mouse... well, it's a personal opinion.

I think the problem does not seems to with an operating system as this tablet has an enough support of RAM as well as Graphic cards. This kind of problem also appears when there is any third party application installed on your tablet or it might be containing some kind of virus which may slow down its performance and it results in the late recognition of touch from the screen.

I purchased an HP Touchsmart tm2 (new touch enabled tablet PC). After 3 months the tablet screen cracked with no incident (no drop or damage). It appears this new experimental technology is coming from cheap Chinese suppliers. HP told me it was covered on warranty, changed their story and said it was not covered, and wanted me to pay to repair it. Laptop is only 3 months old ($1000). The laptop says 1 year warranty on the bottom- HP says that particular part of the machine is NOT COVERED. They stone-walled on replacing it or taking responsibility for what appears to be defective, poor quality hardware.