Thread: Lenovo X200 Touch Screen / Wacom tablet Driver Conflicts?

Lenovo X200 Touch Screen / Wacom tablet Driver Conflicts?

I installed the driver for the Wacom CTE 440 and it seems to activate the software Tablet PC Windows. Since then, when I restart Windows , I have this message displayed "Tablet Driver Is Not running ", my tablet works fine, but most software that I run , stop running and close. How to install the tablet without destabilizing the system . I had to completely reinstall my computer to find a stable system , because I could not even restore my computer to a previous restore point, since the restoration software crashing. Please help.

Re: Lenovo X200 Touch Screen / Wacom tablet Driver Conflicts?

Get a USB-compatible kernel 2.2.18 or better , 2.4.10 to use the patch AIPTEK ( later in the article) and use the stylus as it should . A 2.2.18 will be sufficient if you want to use only the wireless mouse , or stylus mode " on " , but hey ... It's a pity . Note : Today , I 'm still trying to fight with the module AIPTEK . I still have no solution to a trivial problem , the pen is still not fully exploited , and the version 2.2 kernel ask me less trouble than version 2.4 with the patch AIPTEK .

You must of course have a graphics tablet. It must be able to connect to the serial port (RS232) of your computer because the USB support for Linux is still in development. As this is written doument ( March 2000) , the kernel support is started for new products USB Graphire and Intuos and it works with XFree . Gpm is no longer maintained , so we should not expect a USB driver for this software. The older SD and HD sets are not supported by XFree86 standard . However , a modified driver that supports these devices as well as some OEM products with built-in screen as the Thinkpad 360 PE and Toshiba IBM T200 can be downloaded at drivers site.

The Wacom driver of gpm 1.18.0 and below seems to go for very old models ArtPad , but the documentation does not talk. I tested with models ultrapad , penpartner , and graphire intuos but it did not . I rewrote the Wacom driver for gpm and to use it takes at least version 1.18.2 of gpm . Since this version , the old Wacom driver has been replaced with my driver for Wacom products graphire , penpartner and ultrapad .

However , if you have an old ArtPad , use gpm < 1.18.1 and try :

Code:
        killall gpm; gpm -t wacom - m / dev/ttyS0
    and it should work.

You need a command.
    udo apt - get install wacom -tools xserver -xorg -input -wacom ( driver installation )
    sudo cp / etc/X11/xorg.conf / etc/X11/xorg.conf.bakwacom ( back -up your device configuration file , optional but recommended)
    gksudo gedit / etc/X11/xorg.conf (Editing your configuration file devices )

In Section " InputDevice " of "stylus " " eraser "and " cursor " add :
    Option " Mode " " Absolute "
    Option " KeepShape " " on "
    Save ( Ctrl + S ).

Get the latest version of expresskeys.tar.gz form wacom then extract it . Open a console in the newly created folder and type:sudo apt-get install build -essential libXext libX11 -dev -dev -dev LibX libxtst - dev (Installation of dependencies )
    Code:
    . / configure
    make
    sudo make instal
    l
    To start managing ExpressKeys on startup: System> Preferences > Sessions> Startup Programs > Add : Enter ExpressKeys then click confirm. Restart the graphical session ( Ctrl + Alt + bksp ).