Thread: Thinkpad x201 tablet 2985FAU - enhanced multi touch?

Thinkpad x201 tablet 2985FAU - enhanced multi touch?

Friends, I saw the Thinkpad x201 tablet PC on ebay and buy.com. I am very interested to buy this model. This is very expensive but I like the model but I don’t know all the features of this model and for enhanced multi touch. Is there anyone who knows that if this model supports enhanced multi touch. I like to use two fingers for touch input and it should also be stylish. If you it does not support the enhanced multi touch then can you tell me any other expensive model which support this touch functionality? Thank you in advance for replying.

Re: Thinkpad x201 tablet 2985FAU - enhanced multi touch?

Friend, you should be very sure about the features of the any product you are going to buy. As far as I know that the Thinkpad x201 tablet PC has multi touch. But I am also not very sure about it. You should search for the features of it on internet and you will get the clear idea about it. Or you can ask to the shopkeeper before buying it. He will also tell you the complete information about the x201 tablet PC.

Thanks for your reply. I love x200/201 tablet, but honestly, Lenovo should do a better job clarifying their touch screen types. I have x200 tablet with "multi touch", then the new version has what they called "enhanced multi touch", then they come up with x201 that i thought was all equipped with "enhanced multi touch", but apparently not! I would have upgraded to x201T long time ago if i have a better idea what type of touch screen each model supports

I have bought 2985 tablet recently. I know the types of screens it have. It comes with three screens
    1. regular without touch (200 nit)
    2. multi touch (300 nit)
    3. highbright (400 nit) no touch

I choose the highbright which is not touch screen. It’s was high than the multi touch. I found the screen is the best. I would like to tell you that multitouch layer reduces the view angle of the screen. You should consider all these things before buying it.

I believe that any IPS display which all x201 tablets have will give a good viewing angle. I am using Lenovo 2740. This has regular multi-touch. I usually use the PC at 90 degree for some reason. Actually you cannot watch it at 90 degree angle but if you want to watch it then you can glance around the corner and you will not get any distortion. This is my personal experience and I know it better because I am using this.

Hey I have HP 2740p and installed Wacom prerelease driver to my system. This enables the pen input but I lost the multi touch working. I love the mulitouch feature feature of it. I think that the fault is with the driver. Can you suggest me any HP software or HP driver that can help to make the multi touch display workable? Please help me. My PC is running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Yes you are right. There is problem in the driver which you have installed. You should uninstall the driver and install a fresh copy of the driver again and see whether it works or not. Download your Tablet PC manufacturer's Wacom Digitizer Driver from internet and install it. I hope this will solve your problem.