Thread: Tablet make a loud screeching buzzer noise?

Tablet make a loud screeching buzzer noise?

Well this time my Toshiba Tecra M7 is causing me much trouble.This time it is related to the sound that it is producing. I do not know why, but when I pick up the tablet, it starts to make a loud screeching buzzer noise. The noise is somewhat similar to the error noise. The noise persists for a longer time. Also the sound is not of a constant length but the length is somewhat random. Has anyone here faced this sort of problem before? If yes, then please suggest a solution. Thanks.

Re: Tablet make a loud screeching buzzer noise?

Fan, may be the most probable reason behind the noise that you are hearing. I think the blades must have got unbalanced because of the dust. The unbalanced may be the result of the dust getting settled on the fan. I would suggest you to get the fan cleaned up, simply blowing it is not going to solve the problem. Just open the case, then remove the fan and then get it cleaned up. For M7 I do not think that removing the fan will be that hard. Hope that this fixes your problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think you did not understand what I wanted to explain. It is not about the fan at all. It is a loud screeching buzzing noise, it is just like the sound that comes when from the slot the video card comes out and a beep is made. The beep noise that comes out is much louder and longer, and of random length. Also, it comes out only when I handle it in a particular way. Why does it not make the sound when it is kept stable, if its about the fan? Please suggest.

Even after your clarification I still say that it may be because of the fan. I know the sound that you are talking about as I have experienced it before. I got it removed when I replaced it. Please first try cleaning it, and if that does not help then, I guess that you too need to replace the fan. You can wait for the other members of this forum, so that you can receive more valuable advice in this context. Post if my suggestion works in your favor.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Currently I am also facing the similar situation. In my case however I think it was the result of overheating, which was a hardware issue. It use to happen when I watched videos on You Tube. The videos use to freeze and then the noise use to go on for a long time, until the power is switched off. After the replacement, it has not freezed yet, but the sound that "aneeqa" discussed in the first post has started to come out of my PC. I am also of the opinion that there is nothing in which fan can come in the picture, as my PC is new. Help.

In my opinion aneeqa is facing the problem of interference from a device such as mobile phone. I guess that all the members will also agree with this, there are some mobile phones that can cause screeching buzzing noise in the nearby speakers. The sound of the noise becomes very loud if the volume of the speaker is kept high. This can cause the interference quite loud. Try one thing, make sure that there is no magnetic substance near the speaker, and see if that makes the difference.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think that this could be because of the microphone as well. You have also mentioned that this usually happens when you lift the tablet in a particular way. So, where is the microphone when you pick up the tablet. With Toshiba M200, the same thing use to occur, but it use to happen at the time of booting up. Well try to keep the microphone away from the tablet when you will be trying that lifting position and see if there is any change.